Canon Vario Print 140

Pipp_pipp

Hi all!

Just curious on the reliability of the above mentioned engine.

I currently have a Ricoh 8110 with production numbers around 1mil a month.
My question is, how'd the Canon hold up with this volume? Majority of the clicks will be 11x17 20lb bond (70#).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry that I'm answering your question with a question, but the way your post is phrased suggests that the reliability on the Ricoh may not be exactly what you need and that's why you are looking at Canon? How many copies between calls? I'm only asking because we are looking at Ricoh (the 8220) and would like to know your experiences, good and bad.

The 8110's have been great albeit rather slow, hence why I'm looking at Canon. I've been able to pull a full duty cycle on each unit before placing a service call. Rarely do I place a call between major PM's. A note worth mentioning, down time greatly depends on the user as maintenance must be done correctly. Just like a car, all have flaws, and all break. Only "major" problem has been with waste toner transport. Tech's say it has something to do with the fans not cooling the unit properly. Other than that, I haven't really had any major problems with them besides regular wear and tear.
One engine has 19,5mil on the counter where as the other has 8mil.

Last edited:
You can get a 136 ppm version of the Ricoh. The Canon 140 would only be 4 ppm faster unless you are seeing slowdown and the machine isn't running at the full speed. Gotta move up to the varioprint 6000 series for a big increase :) or more machines :)

Last edited:
You can get a 136 ppm version of the Ricoh. The Canon 140 would only be 4 ppm faster unless you are seeing slowdown and the machine isn't running at the full speed. Gotta move up to the varioprint 6000 series for a big increase :) or more machines :)

You must be a Ricoh Tech ;)

My question is still open - anyone have any feedback on the reliability of said Canon 140?

I've never run a 140, but we have a 6320 and used to have a 4120. They're reliable and easy for techs to work on. If the 140 is anything like the big boys it should serve you well.
That said, I almost feel like your volume is high enough to look at a 6000 series. Maybe used?

We have the 135, and service calls for us, in the beginning we quite frequent, but we also push the limit as the stock we run. Right up to and sometimes over what the machine is supposed to run. But when we run it right in the middle of the specs, it runs great. We've got almost 20mil on the unit, and ours was installed in the beginning of 2017. We run pre-printed stock various sizes, and some with perfs, and cutouts. And 74gsm all the way up to 300gsm. We've had a few issues, as some parts only come from Japan, so that means a couple of days down. Especially seeing when we got our unit, I was told it was one of the first in the country with our software.

Short answer is: it does run great.

we have the 135, and service calls for us, in the beginning we quite frequent, but we also push the limit as the stock we run. Right up to and sometimes over what the machine is supposed to run. But when we run it right in the middle of the specs, it runs great. We've got almost 20mil on the unit, and ours was installed in the beginning of 2017. We run pre-printed stock various sizes, and some with perfs, and cutouts. And 74gsm all the way up to 300gsm. We've had a few issues, as some parts only come from japan, so that means a couple of days down. Especially seeing when we got our unit, i was told it was one of the first in the country with our software.

Short answer is: It does run great.

thank you! :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back