magnetic ink

Larry G

Hi
running a 360. Relatively new to this, still learning, but then probably always will be.

question: new account wants deposit slips. Will running magnetic ink adversely affect the press in any way?

Appreciate any input

Larry

Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum!

Short answer to your question is no, but just make sure you do a good washup whenever you use it to get it all out of the press.

Dave

Welcome to the forum. Magnetic (MICR) ink should not affect you press at all. It runs just like any regular ink. Depending on the brand you use, they may recommend a certain fountain solution.

Magnetic Ink (MICR)

Magnetic Ink (MICR)

Larry
Where are you Located? I have been in the Printing Equipment Sales for over 25 years. A lot of that time, I sold Check and MICR printing, binding & testing machines. I have a very good friend that manufactures quality MICR ink here in the US. I know both of us would be happy to help you. All MICR ink is not the same.
Please contact me and I will help you. I might even be able to talk my friend into sending you a sample of his MICR ink.
I look forward to working with you.
Larry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back