Where Have All The Printers Gone?

Africa is just cheaper labor compared to their Chinese citizens. I doubt we'll ever see anything of true power rise out of Africa without some major puppet strings attached.

I tend to only worry about things that I can control. The rest?..........well.......what will be, will be.

Africa is just cheaper labor compared to their Chinese citizens. I doubt we'll ever see anything of true power rise out of Africa without some major puppet strings attached.

The strings are already attached and they have "made in China" stamped on them, people in "the west" simply don´t have enough imagination to realise just how deep Chinese pockets are, all over the world ports and harbours are being bought by Chinese companies, airports, roads, railways criss-crossing asia, europe and africa and indeed south america are financed by the Chinese, the big bucks used to be in location, location, location now it is in infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure.

Well believe it or not company I am with DOES export printed product to Mexico from the US. It not huge volume but it's worth our while. It's a for a US based company that has facilities in Mexico and apparently they can find no "domestic" source for this product. Specs for this product are very rigid. Not your regular printed job.

But on the whole, yeah US is getting our butts kicked in so many product categories. So our standard of living is not sustainable in this environment of trade deficits and ever increasing debt. Very worrisome.

But I thought the TPP was the gold standard? No you're telling me it's better for us to produce jobs rather than the Chinese, huh? Don't you love the "wel itz ez becuz i juzt uplode a fial."

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back