And Another One Bites The Dust...............

From their website:

Central Florida Press offers heatset web and sheetfed offset printing as well as full prepress and bindery services including saddle stitching, loop stitching, in-line punching, folding with in-line perforating and scoring. CFP specializes in offering custom data solutions, and production automation for complex, multi-version print projects.

It also says they have a 195,000 sq ft facility That's an awful big facility to have to keep up.

The world changed and I bet they didn't.

Sad for everyone involved.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully we'll be able to buy some used equipment?

I don't know. I haven't heard anything through the grapevine.

They're part of the Matlett Group, which, I think owns several print shops across the US, so, they might just be packing and shipping the equipment to one of their other locations. I'll keep an ear out, though. If I hear of, or see something, I'll post it.

Yeah. It was in this morning's Orlando Sentinel Newspaper, also. I figured they were moving most of their operation to one of their other facilities, but, that's still going to leave roughly 100 print & bindery employees here locally without a job. Their biggest restaurant client is Darden Restaurants, which, has their corporate National Headquarters here in Orlando.

Sounds like its not really a matter of them running out of business, but rather outgrowing their current facility and needing the capacity to increase their production. With them already having a facility that can handle it, it makes sense to move the entire operation instead of boosting the capabilities at the current facility in florida.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back