FUJIFILM & Xerox become Fuji—Xerox

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Fujifilm & Xerox announced they have entered into a definitive agreement to combine Xerox & their longstanding Fuji—Xerox joint venture. The combined company will have annual revenues of $18 billion. The new company will have dual headquarters in Norwalk, CT & in Minato, Tokyo, with presence in over 180 countries.

The transaction has been unanimously approved by the Boards of both companies, and will trade on the NYSE under the ticker XRX. Jeff Jacobson, current Xerox CEO, will be appointed as CEO of the new Fuji Xerox.

The combined company will go to market and maintain the iconic Xerox & Fuji Xerox brands within their respective operating regions

Check here for more details.

Having done business with Fujifilm in photo paper and graphic arts media for over 30 years we have been watching this closely. Our two biggest vendors are merging. A lot of folks didn't know that a lot of higher end Xerox color equipment was manufactured by Fujifilm via the joint venture. I know a number of folks that are fairly high up at Fujifilm and I think this will be good for Xerox if they take on Fuji culture as I see Fuji management as better quality and smarter. Fuji was able to jump over the "death of film" chasm and come out as a profitable operation. They take the long view.

Having done business with Fujifilm in photo paper and graphic arts media for over 30 years we have been watching this closely. Our two biggest vendors are merging. A lot of folks didn't know that a lot of higher end Xerox color equipment was manufactured by Fujifilm via the joint venture. I know a number of folks that are fairly high up at Fujifilm and I think this will be good for Xerox if they take on Fuji culture as I see Fuji management as better quality and smarter. Fuji was able to jump over the "death of film" chasm and come out as a profitable operation. They take the long view.

I think the only printers that Xerox makes is the iGen and Nuvera line. Everything else I think is Fuji/Xerox.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back