White House Orders Postal Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House Orders Postal Review

According to the Washington Post, President Trump—who has assailed Amazon of cheating the USPS by taking advantage of bulk delivery rates—has ordered an overhaul of the Postal Service’s business model by issuing an executive order to form a task force, chaired by Treasury Secretary Mnuchin.

The order states that the Postal Service has incurred $65 billion of cumulative losses since the 2009 Recession ended and must make changes in order to operate as a sustainable business model and fund its pension & health obligations. The timing for ordering this review was unclear.

President’s executive order on task force headed by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin follows criticism of Amazon.

Wonder if they'll look at the tariffs that Trump ordered applied to the paper industry that jack up print costs and thereby reduce the volume of printed material for the postal service to handle?
    And what about those rascals Ray Tomlinson, Dave Crocker, and John Vittal whose work laid the foundation for email and effectively eliminated a big chunk of the postal market. String 'em up!
    Oh, I almost forgot - the great Satan himself - Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
      ......Oh, I almost forgot - the great Satan himself - Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web.
      WAIT! WHAT! I thought Al Gore invented the internet. At least, so he said. Geeze, politicians lying to us......... what's next!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post

WAIT! WHAT! I thought Al Gore invented the internet. At least, so he said. Geeze, politicians lying to us......... what's next!?!?!?
        You’re right! I got fooled by fake news and the drive by media. %-P

Comment

Tariffs on paper? Our prices recently went down.

Comment

Originally posted by kdw75 View Post
            Tariffs on paper? Our prices recently went down.
            Yup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp...r-imports.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news...per/index.html

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/c...iffs-1.3753724

Comment

We saw a 3-5% increase for all paper in the last few weeks. NCR went up by 17% in some cases.

Comment

4OverKBAStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)UltimateAleyant
              GTI4OverKBAKBAStandard FinishingDuploAleyant

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5029 users online. 115 members and 4914 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X