White House Orders Postal Review

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
According to the Washington Post, President Trump—who has assailed Amazon of cheating the USPS by taking advantage of bulk delivery rates—has ordered an overhaul of the Postal Service’s business model by issuing an executive order to form a task force, chaired by Treasury Secretary Mnuchin.

The order states that the Postal Service has incurred $65 billion of cumulative losses since the 2009 Recession ended and must make changes in order to operate as a sustainable business model and fund its pension & health obligations. The timing for ordering this review was unclear.

Wonder if they'll look at the tariffs that Trump ordered applied to the paper industry that jack up print costs and thereby reduce the volume of printed material for the postal service to handle?
And what about those rascals Ray Tomlinson, Dave Crocker, and John Vittal whose work laid the foundation for email and effectively eliminated a big chunk of the postal market. String 'em up!
Oh, I almost forgot - the great Satan himself - Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web.

......Oh, I almost forgot - the great Satan himself - Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web.

WAIT! WHAT! I thought Al Gore invented the internet. At least, so he said. Geeze, politicians lying to us......... what's next!?!?!?

We saw a 3-5% increase for all paper in the last few weeks. NCR went up by 17% in some cases.

Just this week, one of the sheets I order a lot of went up 16%. Another one that I don't use a lot of went up 9%.

Is this because of tariffs?

Are others experiencing this increase in paper?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back