CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gordo View Post

What work do you feel it needs?
    the BIG one is no visible bleed guidelines. They also placed the bleed option elsewhere and do not have it when you create a new document. All this does is create more clicks to get a simple task done. When creating a new document you should be able to set all the basic page parameters there without needing to hit another box to add the bleed after setting up the new document.

Not sure if this one is there and I have not seen it but would love to have the option to change the colour of the page outside the document rather then a big dark area.

Comment

You can change to the light gray theme in the preferences.

Yes the bleed problem is the biggest flaw so far.

Also cropping images isn't the most intuitive way either. Nor is page scaling via the keyboard.
      Joe
      OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        You can change to the light gray theme in the preferences.

Yes the bleed problem is the biggest flaw so far.

Also cropping images isn't the most intuitive way either. Nor is page scaling via the keyboard.
        I do not find the cropping thing to be that big a deal, just need to get out of the Adobe mindset which can be hard when I have been using it for so many years. Would rather cropping an image work like Indesign, not sure when the last time I needed to stretch a picture out of scale.

Comment

not finding a step and repeat function

Comment

had a play
            1. getting bleed to come out in a pdf (Export) is also an extra step.
            2. switching on page information (slug) when Exporting a pdf you end up with a bigger gap at the top of the pdf than the bottom, so the Trim box is off centre to the media box.
            3. placed a spot colour pdf and Exported the spot colour ok but couldn't figure out to see the spot colour as a swatch for use in the app.
            4. You can Open a pdf, ignore the Font warnings, and start editing. ( I forsee a lot of educating Designers why this is bad LOL)
            5. you can Copy content from InDesign and Paste into Affinity Publisher, whole page or spreads at a time. I'm guessing the images get embedded into the afpub file?

Affinity are working on opening an InDesign format but it what would happen with missing functionality?

Comment

I (at least currently) cringe a customer sending us a file from this app.

pd

Comment

Originally posted by prepressdork View Post
                I (at least currently) cringe a customer sending us a file from this app.

pd
                Why?

Comment

I rely a lot on customers making changes and producing pdfs the same way they did the first time, e.g. colour settings and geometry and offsets, I am replacing the pdfs in Prinergy or switching in Acrobat.
                  If i'm making changes I'm using Pitstop and not changing anything I shouldn't.
                  The danger here is that the designer or print handler opens the pdf and makes the changes, spits out a new pdf with the geometry all messed, not to mention conversion problems away from the edit, colour and font changes etc.
                  On screen everything looks visually the same in the edit area but explaining Trim Box problems is not going to be fun

Comment

I have never had anyone come in with files made from any of Affinity software. I have recommended it to some people who seem to do all their work in powerpoint as a cheap and vastly superior alternative and no subscription.

Comment

Great article. OK, I just it with VPN

Comment

it's random: the link led me to the wrong site once and to the right once.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                        4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                        4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4721 users online. 113 members and 4608 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                        X