Life of a Pressman

gordo

243LifeofaPressman_zps789d80b1.jpg

Yeah, it'll be different tomorrow - when the company announces it's going all digital and farming out the rest.

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, and, each time, expecting a different result.

-Best

MailGuru

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, and, each time, expecting a different result.

-Best

MailGuru

The quote is from Albert Einstein. A good source of inspiration.

The quote is from Albert Einstein. A good source of inspiration.

Thanks, Erik. Didn't know who said it, just remember it having been said.

Credit goes to Mr Einstein!!!! (Hey didn't he eventually get in to making bagels? (LOL)

-MailGuru

Thanks, Erik. Didn't know who said it, just remember it having been said.

Credit goes to Mr Einstein!!!! (Hey didn't he eventually get in to making bagels? (LOL)

-MailGuru

No that's another Einstein and maybe part of his family. It could be a "relative" who only makes bagels if he has "space and time". :)

The key is to remain active. Follow the ongoing trends to see the change. Don’t stay static because static results into stagnant. So embrace the new and evolving technologies (Web to print and PrintMIS) to experience the change and new possibilities making printing a fun.

Seems like an optimist to me. Kind of like the small kid that starting digging in the large pile of horse poop he was given as a gift, saying I know there has to be a pony some place under this pile.

Seems like an optimist to me. Kind of like the small kid that starting digging in the large pile of horse poop he was given as a gift, saying I know there has to be a pony some place under this pile.

Reminds me of an old proverb about the bird that waited too long to start flying south for the winter. Know most of you have probably heard this before, but, I figured, hey, maybe some of you have'nt, and, it is soooo very relative and true about life in the printing/pre-press business:

Anyway, the bird starting flying south for the winter wayyyy too late. Soon, his wings began to ice-up, and, he started spiraling down and finally hit the ground right in the middle of a cow pasture. So there he lay, on the ground freezing and near death. Just when he thought this was the end, along came a cow and pooped right on him. You'd think that would be really bad, BUT, the maneure was warm, and began to thaw the little bird out. Soon, the bird was feeling better, so he happily began to chirp and sing. About that time, a fox came by, and, heard the chirping and singing. The fox began to dig and clear away the maneure to find the source of the jubilation, found the little bird, picked him up out of the poop, and then ate him!

Now, there are three morals to this story:

(1) Those who sh-t on you are not necessarily your enemies
(2) Those who get you out of sh-t, are not necessarily your friends.
(3) And, if you are warm and happy but, in a pile of sh-t, keep your mouth shut!

-Best

MailGuru

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back