Print Budget

gordo

343%20Print%20Budget_zpsyegtiqcp.jpg

Since when does a client accept the quality to match the low offer? You know the client is going to bounce the job.

I sometimes use this -

"We do three kinds of job - Good, Quick and Cheap.

You can have any two:-

If it's Good and Quick it won't be Cheap; if it's Cheap and Quick it won't be Good; and if it's Good and Cheap it won't be Quick".

Rarely fails to focus the customer's attention.

Alastair

I think a lot of shops sell print as a "commodity". They are the "order-takers" and producers, and, the customer is the "buyer". This naturally sets up an almost adversarial relationship, when, really, it doesn't have to be that way. By transacting business in this manner, you miss out on the opportunity to create long-term relationships and revenue streams.

Instead, try working with your customer, as part of their team. For example:

Ok, what is your budget? Let's see what we can do to get as close as possible.
You've specified 80# Cougar Opaque Text. Here, look at this paper, it's half the price, but, I challenge you to tell me the difference. We can save some money there.
The way you have your art set up, you're asking for a 5-color plus PMS. If we switch that to a 4-color process, we can save some more money there. I doubt if you would be able to tell the difference, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, you get the idea.

I think today it is absolutely necessary for printers to see their customers as Partners. The market is so big and it keeps on growing, the customers claims, just as well. So a good partneship is worth real money. There are more and more Online Printing services and the Quality of their work is also improving. So the only Point that speaks for conventional Printers is the personal contact to build a long lasting partnership.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back