Getting the Print Order

gordo

347%20Getting%20the%20Print%20Order_zpsabpbxmyk.jpg

Just had something like this happen. The job was given to me months ago. Was going to get the files last Thursday so I had planned on picking up the 27m sheets of paper for the job the day before. Get a call that morning saying that they were going with someone else. Talk about last minute.

Get a call that morning saying that they were going with someone else. Talk about last minute.

I hope they offered to pay all the time and costs you incurred on the project since it was originally given to you. I find that we always have to remind the penny pinchers about that.

Usually, when I get a comment like that from a prospective client (".....between us and the shop that will get the job......"), the translation is, "We'd really like for you to get it, but, you're going to have to sharpen your pencil".

Usually, when I get a comment like that from a prospective client (".....between us and the shop that will get the job......"), the translation is, "We'd really like for you to get it, but, you're going to have to sharpen your pencil".

I use to work for a company and we had a design firm that would always allow us to bid, but they had no intention of giving us the job.
They were required to get 3-5 quotes to show their brass that they are doing their due diligence, and the company I worked for would never underbid.

Clients seeking lowest cost are seldom long-term or profitable.

I use to work for a company and we had a design firm that would always allow us to bid, but they had no intention of giving us the job.
They were required to get 3-5 quotes to show their brass that they are doing their due diligence, and the company I worked for would never underbid.

Had a customer do this to us and no matter how cheap I went they still wouldn't give us the work; just pass the quote to a competitor to match. I started to go 20% below our all-inclusive cost on each RFQ.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back