The Job Offer

gordo

356%20The%20Job%20Offer_zps870o7tbk.jpg

Last edited:
I hear stories from co-workers about how they pay upwards of $1000/month for health insurance for their family - I guess you can either work for benefits or work to pay for those benefits.

I hear stories from co-workers about how they pay upwards of $1000/month for health insurance for their family - I guess you can either work for benefits or work to pay for those benefits.

In a for profit system the cost is whatever the market will bear and the regulations will allow.

I pay $200.00 per week for just my wife. And it is really, really, really bad insurance.

I pay $200.00 per week for just my wife. And it is really, really, really bad insurance.

Wow I guess I better consider myself lucky. I pay $250/month for my insurance and it's really good insurance. That's going through the healthcare website, no subsidies and I'm 26.

I have a HSA account through my work that covers just about nothing, I pay $30 a month in premiums and put $100/month into a HSA.

Had an awesome family plan several years ago -$250 per month. No yearly increase for years. Very low or no co-pays. Prescriptions covered 100%. Never paid for ANY medical care. Then the government got involved...

Benefits coordinator stood up in front of our group and clearly stated your plan is changing due to ObamaCare. Seems we had a "Cadillac" plan and the Feds thought it a good idea to tax my employer for that offering. Price doubled, co pays tripled and coverage sucks now. Never understood why employers who want to reward & incent employees with a superior benefit should be punished for doing so.

Now I am seriously contemplating a future out of the graphic arts, a retirement job (yes I know a contradiction of terms) just like Gordo's comic! Fortunately no need for paternity leave.

Employers have been placed in the position of making a single insurance decision for all their employees. The interests of a healthly, single 25 year old male and a nearly retired 64 year old married female are quite different.

Fortunately in the US, the government essentially does not allow those two people to make decisions for themselves. After all, they might not choose correctly.

IMHO, all of the "Affordable" Care Acts, whether it was devised under Obama, or, any new ones that will be constructed by the new administration, will be failures. That's because the government seems to be dancing around, skirting the main root cause of why health care is so expensive in the first place. Instead, they are trying to find ways for people to pay their insurance premiums. I realize we live in a market-driven, capitalistic society, but, until someone has the intestinal fortitude to take the bull by the horns, roll up their shirt-sleeves and figure out why it costs $1,500 to put a 6-cent band-aid on a cut in an emergency room, and, do something to fix it, we will always have a health care crisis here in the US.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back