Vetting Employees

gordo

370%20Vetting%20Employees_zpsj3yjav3a.jpg

We also need to verify the sufficient amount of caffeine in your blood. We may need to supplement with Red Bull, at your cost, of course.

Also we will need your social media accounts and passwords!

In FL and I'm sure in other states if your employer feels that you are saying negative things about them on social media they can pull you in and ask for your login information. If you refuse they can terminate you with a pretty solid case.

In FL and I'm sure in other states if your employer feels that you are saying negative things about them on social media they can pull you in and ask for your login information. If you refuse they can terminate you with a pretty solid case.

Seriously? I know that it´s idiotic to post negative stuff about your employer, but at the end of the day it is your personal and very private opinion, here you would be able to sue for unfair dismissal especially if they tried to strong arm you into giving up your private passwords.

Seriously? I know that it´s idiotic to post negative stuff about your employer, but at the end of the day it is your personal and very private opinion, here you would be able to sue for unfair dismissal especially if they tried to strong arm you into giving up your private passwords.

If it's on social media it's no longer your "private opinion."

I believe that some companies are now asking for access to social media accounts as part of the hiring process itself. Of course, you don't have to give them access, but if you don't, you won't get considered for the job. While I think there is entirely too much sharing in general on the internet, I can understand that the companies don't want to invest in somebody fresh out of college who just spent the past four years partying down.

Yeah this came straight from an HR attorney.

"... if I have toner in my veins, does that count?"

Yes that does count! the purpose of the blood test is also to see which kind of ink you have in your veins... so, you won't be hired, as it shows that you are not a real printer... :rolleyes:

You are welcome to come back in 2 years, when our offset printshop will be near bankrupcy and we will be obliged to switch to digital printing :cool:

I remember when my boss got a call from one of our customer because I posted my picture on FB working in their pressroom for converting a press to Alcohol free.;)

I remember when my boss got a call from one of our customer because I posted my picture on FB working in their pressroom for converting a press to Alcohol free.;)

They were complaining because you were removing the only company sponsored perk that they were spiking their coffee with?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back