Appreciation

gordo

380 Appreciation.jpg

Hey, we bought day-old donuts for the whole plant that one Friday just two months ago! Sheesh, you guys are impossible to please.

This is an interesting theory.

Employees are typically promoted to a level of incompetence.

Yep, I've seen it time, and, time again. Just because you are the best pressman, or, inserter operator, doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill set to manage other employees.

You know what just hit me? Gordo has brilliantly found a vehicle to use comic sans in a way to not be laughed out of the business! If you're in a management position, and you think that the only fonts that are needed for an ad come standard with Windows, then Gordo is your man! Half of the beauty of RE:pRINT is being able to see comic-sans and courier being used and not immediately throwing up. :) Hey Gordo...let's see if we can work some Papyrus in there too. Sorry...probably not the correct forum to be being snarky about the worst fonts in the world, says the snobby graphic designer.

You know what just hit me? Gordo has brilliantly found a vehicle to use comic sans in a way to not be laughed out of the business! If you're in a management position, and you think that the only fonts that are needed for an ad come standard with Windows, then Gordo is your man! Half of the beauty of RE:pRINT is being able to see comic-sans and courier being used and not immediately throwing up. :) Hey Gordo...let's see if we can work some Papyrus in there too. Sorry...probably not the correct forum to be being snarky about the worst fonts in the world, says the snobby graphic designer.

Uhhhh...back to typography school for you! :)

The head is not Courier, it's American Typewriter Bold
The text is not comic-sans, it's Tekton Pro bold.

Papyrus eh? Hmmm, I'll have to think on that a bit.

Employees are typically promoted to a level of incompetence.

Yep, I've seen it time, and, time again. Just because you are the best pressman, or, inserter operator, doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill set to manage other employees.

I've found that very often, promotions have less to do with abilities, and more to do with a guys willingness to take abuse from upper management. This I call "yes man syndrome".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back