Direct Mail

gordo

375 Direct Mail.jpg

While I've made a good living in the mail business, I've never liked the term "Direct Mail". (i.e : Is there such a thing as "Indirect Mail"?)

Of course, I've never liked the term "Junk Mail" either. However, were it not for "junk mail", we'd all be paying around $5.00 to mail that Christmas card to Aunt Edna............Just sayin...................

While I've made a good living in the mail business, I've never liked the term "Direct Mail". (i.e : Is there such a thing as "Indirect Mail"?)

Of course, I've never liked the term "Junk Mail" either. However, were it not for "junk mail", we'd all be paying around $5.00 to mail that Christmas card to Aunt Edna............Just sayin...................

I would be ok with having to UPS any personal mail I needed to send at $5.00 each if it meant we could do away with the USPS.

I would be ok with having to UPS any personal mail I needed to send at $5.00 each if it meant we could do away with the USPS.

Ahhhh, but, then it would cost the Seminoles too much money. After all, I think they've been "mailing-it-in" this season. They did beat Duke, though...................

I enjoyed the first 3 quarters of the season....

Yep, then all hell broke loose. What rocket scientist decided that Alabama would be a good first game of the season? I think a lot of kids got hurt on both sides of that contest.

It's so strange to see someone saying this. Can you imagine....no USPS? I can't. Think of all of the history that surrounds this United States Institution.

To the normal household how often do they use this service? They mail out birthday cards, wedding invites, and Christmas/Holiday Cards. What they receive can largely be replaced by e-mail and anything that a business truly wants to send a household they will pay to do so. Amex might not send credit card offers but they will send the credit card if someone applies.

The mail is still a fantastic fall-back system for communications.

Imagine for a moment that a disaster occurred that made electronic communication impossible. Imagine that you had to get word to someone... you'd have to use the mail or some other "material goods based" communication system. And the post offices of any country in the world could meet that challenge... in the highly developed countries we would simply "revert to older practices" like hand sorting.

Preservation of a postal system that guarantees "sanctity of the mail" and is run without a profit motive is an important governmental function in the modern age. The same as preservation of a police system that does not require a citizen's payment to the police department for investigation of crimes.

We pay taxes and have established these institutions so that they will be ready if they are ever "truly needed".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back