Not Our Fault

gordo

392 Not Our Fault.jpg

The health insurance premiums for my company have gone up almost 70% since the PPACA became law, about $100,000 per year more than they were. (CPI shows 13% over the same period.)

Who bears the responsibility for that? Where do people think that money comes from?

The health insurance premiums for my company have gone up almost 70% since the PPACA became law, about $100,000 per year more than they were. (CPI shows 13% over the same period.)

Who bears the responsibility for that? Where do people think that money comes from?

Methinks this is a topic for the Lounge.

I'm not sure it's fully "who" bears the responsibility but rather "what" bears the responsibility.

My understanding is that the US healthcare system is a for profit system. I assume that rates, like any for profit business, are set on the basis of increasing profits and shareholder value while minimizing costs and risk. At the end of the day the money comes from the consumer.

If we made healthcare free, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back