Job Done

gordo

406 Job Done.jpg

That's funny. I once made up a joke business card for Happy Crappy Printing. When you need it fast and don't care what it looks like...

Is Zippy Dippy Printers run by the cousin of George Carlin's Hippy Dippy Weatherman?

To make a short story long, I think I suffer from unintentional word mashupitis. Zippy Print is an actual franchise printing business (not referred to in this cartoon). and I have been watching some George Carlin video's on YouTube recently, and I do tend to blend words like this. Here's the inside spread of a brochure - "Thrillage Village" - that I designed in 1982 as a marketing piece for a printing company to help its tourism related clients organize their folder materials.

The folder folder.jpg

The reason I chose you instead of Sheets of Glory Printers, was because you offered free delivery...

When I first read your comment - I misread it and thought you were referring to:

ex-lax-gentle-overnight-laxative-chocolate-pieces-18-units.png

I guess should have my morning coffee before reading PrintPlanet.

Or compare the printing in one box against another!

Oh now that's a whole nutter story . . . back in the day when all we had was a 2/c SORM we got a seven color job in and between the lack of process control and having to re-stack the sheets so many times (short stack delivery) when we delivered the job it was refused because some were redder some were correct and some were bluer . . . so we went and got the job back . . . went through them and sorted them by hue . . reboxed and delivered the job in two weeks . . . viola job accepted no problems . . . it turned out that when they opened the first shipment you could see blocks of reddish next to blocks of blueish etc. . . . onvce we sorted it out you opened the box and they all looked the same . . . .

lesson learned

Last edited:
Oh now that's a whole nutter story . . . back in the day when all we had was a 2/c SORM we got a seven color job in and between the lack of process control and having to re-stack the sheets so many times (shot stack delivery) when we delivered the job it was refused because some were redder some were correct and some were bluer . . . so we went and got the job back . . . went through them and sorted them by hue . . reboxed and delivered the job in two weeks . . . viola job accepted no problems . . . it turned out that when they opened the first shipment you could see blocks of reddish next to blocks of blueish etc. . . . onvce we sorted it out you opened the box and they all looked the same . . . .

lesson learned

It was a free Munsell Farnsworth test for the employees!

That's funny. I once made up a joke business card for Happy Crappy Printing. When you need it fast and don't care what it looks like...

That's good. I had cards made and seeded one of our sales person's, God rest his soul. I swapped out his name with Bubba on one version, can't remember the second version, but my favorite was, under Quality Inks & Rollers I put the motto "We don't rent pigs." It only took a week or so before a customer called him out on it. Funnier times.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back