The Printer's Burden

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smelling whatever we get in the mail and then claiming it is printed using offset became a running gag in our offices after we saw a sales guy do that. Nobody thought it was impossible to distinguish print technologies by smell. We just found it highly unlikely someone in sales would be capable of doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurens View Post
      Smelling whatever we get in the mail and then claiming it is printed using offset became a running gag in our offices after we saw a sales guy do that. Nobody thought it was impossible to distinguish print technologies by smell. We just found it highly unlikely someone in sales would be capable of doing that.
      I Like That! D

Comment

Also, offset smells the best. It is the vegetable that we are all made of. Ask Bennie; he shall conform.

D

Comment

Hopefully the food is better than the printing. D

Comment

Originally posted by Nkazy View Post

Quote from my wife after sharing this with her... "Your critique has been the appetizer for many a meal…one of the first times you took me out to eat, you moaned about kerning…KERNING! Who notices that?! I didn’t even know what kerning was at the time! You’re lucky I didn’t end it right then and there."
            My fiancé is a proofreader, and we both read menus and comment on the fonts, kerning, spelling and overall design. But I'm the one that smells and loves to feel them. Some times we talk more about the menu than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by scotts View Post

My fiancé is a proofreader, and we both read menus and comment on the fonts, kerning, spelling and overall design. But I'm the one that smells and loves to feel them. Some times we talk more about the menu than anything else.
              Well, at least you talk (to each other). It really saddens me to see young couples out to dinner, these days, when both heads are buried in their cell phones and texting. I mean, why bother to go out to dinner at all!?!?!

Comment

I find myself thinking ''these look terrible we could reprint these and make them look so nice" or "damn these are nice! I wonder where they print these!" Haha

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post

Well, at least you talk (to each other). It really saddens me to see young couples out to dinner, these days, when both heads are buried in their cell phones and texting. I mean, why bother to go out to dinner at all!?!?!
                  Why bother to go out to dinner at all? Free WiFi of course!

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post

Why bother to go out to dinner at all? Free WiFi of course!
                    Well, I'm we are not a "young" couple, but we go out for design ideas. And to see what the "kids" are doing these days. Even when we are not at work being tortured by print, we are still thinking about it. Is there a doctor in the house?

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
                    4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBAChili publish4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2951 users online. 58 members and 2893 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X