Asking for a Discount

gordo

424 Asking for a Discount.jpg

Hi,

I would like to bring our printing local. We are currently using X online printer and we order 250,000 bookmarks on 16 PT with UV coating on both sides. The bookmarks are 2 x 7", printed 4:4 and are shrinkwrapped in 250's. Their pricing is X (less than the cost for the paper). I'd like to bring my business to you guys but if you can't beat their price, then don't bother quoting.

Hi,

I would like to bring our printing local. We are currently using X online printer and we order 250,000 bookmarks on 16 PT with UV coating on both sides. The bookmarks are 2 x 7", printed 4:4 and are shrinkwrapped in 250's. Their pricing is X (less than the cost for the paper). I'd like to bring my business to you guys but if you can't beat their price, then don't bother quoting.

Just had something like this happen the other day. 3 part NCR, 1/0, 2000 sets, 5 hole drilled at the top. I shot them what I considered a pretty good price as they were a new customer and I wanted to gain their business. She comes back and says well I currently pay $176 for the order so I should probably stay where I'm at. If she had been in the office instead of an email I would have told her to not let the door hit her on the way out lol. Seriously though, I need to find their paper supplier if they charge that little.

Then there are the people who say, "well, so and so down the street quoted me this much," like you should match their price. if their price is so much better, why are you telling us about it, just go to so and so.

424%20Asking%20for%20a%20Discount.jpg
"
"We'll be happy to give you the presidents' discount if you'll pay with his personal cheque".

Attachments

• 424%20Asking%20for%20a%20Discount.jpg
    424%20Asking%20for%20a%20Discount.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 204
3 part NCR, 1/0, 2000 sets, 5 hole drilled at the top. ... Seriously though, I need to find their paper supplier if they charge that little.

I'm gonna bet that she was getting it from a forms house that was printing on "standard weights" of about 17#. Stuff like that, run on a Didde-Glaser, CAN be dirt cheap and still make money for the printer. Especially if it is ganged.

If you want that kind of stuff, try to find a "trade" forms house near you. Markups can be reasonable. (The trade shop that I work for does NOT run that stuff.)

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back