When You Try to Help

gordo

438 When You Try to Help.jpg

"Great, I need 100 of those wood grain envelopes I have been hearing so much about, with a matching wood grained letter folded and inserted with a wood grain A2 envelope, ohh yea and we need it out in the mail in 2 days for an event."

Just do what I do, quote it waaaayyyy out of the ballpark ($7.20 each). Either they'll take it, and, you'll make a lot of profit, or, they'll decide the cost is too prohibitive and abandon the idea.

Either way, you win.

We lost a client over a $150 discrepancy between us and a competitor, this was not a straightforward client and their files required work, often a lot but we got used to it and developed a "system" after so trial and error (which i refused to disclose), their new arrangement didn't work out and now want to come back however so far i have told them we are too busy..... i was disappointed our relationship wasnt worth $150 to them and now i m inclined to ratchet up the price.....your thoughts

We lost a client over a $150 discrepancy between us and a competitor, this was not a straightforward client and their files required work, often a lot but we got used to it and developed a "system" after so trial and error (which i refused to disclose), their new arrangement didn't work out and now want to come back however so far i have told them we are too busy..... i was disappointed our relationship wasnt worth $150 to them and now i m inclined to ratchet up the price.....your thoughts

This is the best time to enforce/validate your investment (work) you've done before. Make a calculation on how much their sh*t needs to be "massaged" before going into production, then invoice them the work hours.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back