Job Status Update

gordo

440 Job Status Update.jpg

Your job has been delayed by the boss' golfing buddy's job that just had to get done first, but which will probably not be picked up until next week.

Your job has been delayed by the boss' golfing buddy's job that just had to get done first, but which will probably not be picked up until next week.

He only needs 100 pieces, but he's insisting that we can't run the job 4-color and it must be run as a 20 PMS spot job. You know, the colors really need to "POP!"

I once had a customer come in to pick up his order. I had never even heard of the job but after some looking I found the company owner had accepted the order and done nothing further with it. The guy was irate. He demanded his job (just some business cards) on the spot. I told him that's impossible and apologized. He still demanded. Like I was going to wave a magic wand.
Fortunately his wife was with him and talked sense to him. I did manage to deliver the cards later that day. But still; who the hell thinks a printing order can materialize out of nowhere.

99% of the customers I deal with.

I hear you. Just had a client who expected 15,000 brochures printed colour, folded, banded & shipped in 3 days. Was upset when I told him that's not going to happen. His words; "Can you put a rush on it." I delivered in 5 days - what I told him in the first place.
Another client thought 75,000 booklets could be turned around in a week.

I hear you. Just had a client who expected 15,000 brochures printed colour, folded, banded & shipped in 3 days. Was upset when I told him that's not going to happen. His words; "Can you put a rush on it." I delivered in 5 days - what I told him in the first place.
Another client thought 75,000 booklets could be turned around in a week.

You mean you cant do that many booklets in a week? Amateur :cool:

Just kidding. I love these customers too. The only problem with mine are they are the ones who are ordering the most so we do our best to keep them happy.

You mean you cant do that many booklets in a week? Amateur :cool:

Just kidding. I love these customers too. The only problem with mine are they are the ones who are ordering the most so we do our best to keep them happy.

Put it on a MAN Web. Cover & insert were sheet fed. Delivered in 15 work days. 36 pages + cover plus gate fold insert. Awaiting payment. Really seriously thinking of retiring.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back