Picking Up The Job

gordo

451 Picking Up The Job.jpg

" I'm still waiting for the proof."
On art work they paid someone else to do, expecting us to catch the mistakes because sales offers them free proofs.

Real question - how do you respond to people wanting to see a press check? Talking about spot colors jobs on two color presses and four color offset. I actually want your answer.

Real question - how do you respond to people wanting to see a press check? Talking about spot colors jobs on two color presses and four color offset. I actually want your answer.

We do press checks daily on 40" 6 color presses. We used to do them on 26" and 2 color presses. I'm sure we still would, if we still had the equipment. We even have customers come to do an okay on a digital press. We put time in the bid. So as long as the check cashes . . . .

I know it drives me crazy when you bust a gut to get an "urgent" job done on time and then it sits there for three days before they pick it up. Just the other day wife got really upset (got home 2 hours late) but hey! job was all ready for pick up 8am following morning, What a joke. Good to get that off my chest.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back