File Transfer

gordo

452 File Transfer.jpg

Hah,hah! At times it would have been quicker & easier if people brought in their computer. As it is I fix most files free. It's easier than trying to explain what's wrong, how to fix and what exactly justifies my charging.
I've also had humongous PDF files from customers. I have no idea how they can get these files as large as they are. The files would work (sort of, i think), but I remake rather than upset the pre-press people. Touchy bunch.
I need a new keyboard so any mistakes is the keyboard's, not mine. $15.00 delivered. I see keyboards out there for over $100.00! What gives? I've had my current one for about 5 years and i love it. Might have cost 15 - $20. Spilled food & drink takes a toll eventually. took it apart, but it's done.

"...oh, I see...
If it's such a valuable box that is actually a collectors' item - I suggest you insure it appropriately and deliver it in an armored truck..."

It's usually getting the native files that we have an issue with! The PDF's are inevitably exported incorrectly, or in a way that doesn't allow us to fix things. I think I've nailed down my verbal explanation of packaging InDesign files!

So it doesn't work if I send you the individual jpg files?

We actually have a customer that will send 20 jpg files for a 20 pg catalog.

Gordo has surpassed the 5000 mark, in posts. That right there is quite an achievement. There should be some kind of recognition or appreciation award for all of the contributions to this forum.

Volume does not signify value. LOL

Volume does not signify value.
But in your case it does: (despite I am out of printing business since more than 7 years) each sunday your new cartoon is my little evening pleasure :)
(and a gentle reminder of my old life ;), plus a huge reminder of how I am happy to have left this business!!! :D)

ok, but that little cleverish prepress guy could do better telling the artist to save his file as pdf, than playin Gordo and asking '' a pdf of his file''.
We tell them what they must do, step by step and still getting s@it, i hope the creative director passed by a couple of hours later with one junior carrying a mac pro and another one carrying a 21inch crt Lacie, where color is accurate.

And no cables of course ! :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back