A.I. Arrives in the Shop

gordo

466 A.I. Arrives in the Shop.jpg

...that´s not for sure, remember the computer 9000, named HAL, in Stanley Kubricks Space Oddity 2001:

"...I am losing my mind. I can feel it"

I tend to agree with Possumgal. Predictable, yes. Less moody, definitely. Sensible, hmmm...... needs some thought. But then Ulrich's point (Space Oddity 2001 .... LOL) makes me want to think again. But, bottom line is that Artificial Intelligence doesn't have a patch on Natural Stupidity.

Instead of making fun of it, you might want to consider the possibilities, especially as alternative to make money in the printing business:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190711141343.htm

(I still remember the jokes about navigators whose routes supposedly drove the car into the river because the bridge was gone, but today, for example, a live traffic feature saves me a lot of time when I'm on the road.)

It will probably not be too long before the defense attorney and prosecutor confront each other digitally and then the judge also judges strictly "by current law", but it will not be really exciting until "artificial" candidates have to be choose to rule a country...

Ulrich

That probably seems like a really great idea, at first. The problem is that in a court of law in any free society.........the accused is supposed to be present and able to understand all hearings relating to alleged charges being brought against him, or her. Without this element in any court proceeding, the accused is at risk of being tried and convicted of a crime, (or crimes), without ever even knowing what they were...

To translate special information even adapted for different levels of mind capacity should not be a problem for AI.
The dark side of such a „development“ seems me a monopoly situation regarding only one left Provider for „law-services“. I mean, what shall i do, when they decide to work with a subscription-model like Adobe and i don‘t have the money for monthly bills or a neccesary update in the case i will need it?

;-)

Ulrich

That probably seems like a really great idea, at first. The problem is that in a court of law in any free society.........the accused is supposed to be present and able to understand all hearings relating to alleged charges being brought against him, or her. Without this element in any court proceeding, the accused is at risk of being tried and convicted of a crime, (or crimes), without ever even knowing what they were...

Along those lines are also when someone is accused of a crime by a "robot". There are a few instances where a person has fought a speeding or red light ticket because they requested to question their accuser about it. The accuser was technically the camera, which in one state was then thrown out because a camera cannot be questioned, and the other time it was thrown out because the person monitoring the camera was thousands of miles away and its not worth it to fly them in for running a red light. Most people just simply accept it for what it is and pay the fine without questioning it or the law.

I have used AI as a type of insult. When somebody really pisses me off, I'l say "What? Are You Artificially Intelligent or something?!!?!?!" :) lol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back