Training

gordo

485 Training.jpg

All this guy's training would make him really good at picking and/or implementing the software that carries out the work he was trained to do! Software is the new industry tool but we still need people who know how and when to apply the tool.

@OffsetStorefront - You're killing the punchline here, but I agree with you.

I worked in publication production and editorial for a number of years until I realized that the folks I'd trained were undercutting my bids for production work so then I changed my focus to training, then consulting with a major software vendor to the industry.

Then they took the consulting work in-house. And scrapped their training certification programs for video training. Believe me when I say from personal experience there's no escape from obsolescence.

In my life, i needed a few additional panels -

I trained for JDF . Then they all switched to cXML.

I trained for cXML. They switched to JSON.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back