Arguing with the Boss

gordo

491 Arguing with the Boss.jpg

In context, I was living in a region in which a factory opened up with jobs for 200 people and 2000 applied. Business owners always played on the unemployment rate, knowing jobs were hard to find.

Perfect.

I would add from years of experience in manufacturing.

Knowledge is not Power. Power is power and you have to be careful of people who have the power.

Reminds me of what Tony Montana said in Scarface:

"“In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”

Many company owners love it when they are the only game in town. This gives them license to treat employees badly, with the knowing that they will sit by and take it. Then when they encounter someone with enough self esteem to actually challenge them and their poor treatment, that person becomes a "problem employee". it matters none that they may be a "hero" to the other employees that dare not speak up.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back