X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguing with the Boss

Originally posted by gordo View Post

Perfect.

I would add from years of experience in manufacturing.

Knowledge is not Power. Power is power and you have to be careful of people who have the power.

Last edited by Erik Nikkanen; 09-29-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Nikkanen View Post

Perfect.

Knowledge is not Power. Power is power and you have to be careful of people who have the power.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTc8Chvw5k

Comment

I've heard bosses say, "there are plenty of other people who want your job."

Comment

Originally posted by Possumgal View Post
          I've heard bosses say, "there are plenty of other people who want your job."
          You say that as if there’s no one who would, lol.

Comment

They want the job - not the work.

Comment

In context, I was living in a region in which a factory opened up with jobs for 200 people and 2000 applied. Business owners always played on the unemployment rate, knowing jobs were hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Nikkanen View Post

Perfect.

Reminds me of what Tony Montana said in Scarface:

"“In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”

Comment

Many company owners love it when they are the only game in town. This gives them license to treat employees badly, with the knowing that they will sit by and take it. Then when they encounter someone with enough self esteem to actually challenge them and their poor treatment, that person becomes a "problem employee". it matters none that they may be a "hero" to the other employees that dare not speak up.
                  Last edited by turbotom1052; 10-04-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
                  Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 94 members and 6049 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
                  X