Introduce yourself!

I am Adam Raj from Art in Printing USA, having passion in joining business forums, sites mostly for Marketing Strategies, Internet marketing.
<p>I am also writing on Digital printing, you must like my future posts on <a href="http://www.artinprinting.com/custom-text-banners-c-1.html">Custom Banners</a>|<a href="http://www.artinprinting.com">Digital Printing Services</a>|<a href="http://www.artinprinting.com/related.php">Magnetic decal</a> and more...</p>

Thanx

Adam Raj :)
My blog:Art in Printing

To old Now for work... Ha! Ha!

To old Now for work... Ha! Ha!

Hello happy printers, I've been in the printing trade for 30 years and more in fact it's 38.
When I first started it was in the plate department where I used to sensitise the plates before they were burnt,
Then I went in the camera department were used a camera which had no lens shelter but had to use a cap
Which went over the lens and when you removed it you would expose a film inside the camera.
I could go on about the developing and all the difference screens but I won't.
Printings been the most areas of coverage from a sheet fed AB Dick all the way up to 64 four colour web.
But sadly I was made redundant only last year and the only job I can find now.
Is a pot washer in a kitchen,
Before I was made redundant I'd tried to set up a web page

The Link to the page
Rotoman Folder

Which would help, my colleagues at work but this didn't take off, because we closed the next week

Best regards
Eddie

Last edited:
I'm production manager / graphic designer at a really small print shop (4 employees) in southeast Georgia. I went to Clemson and have a degree in Graphic Communications ('07).

In my spare time I watch movies and play a lot of video games. Halo and Left 4 Dead are some favorites. And I suppose I think about printing now and then because it's Saturday night and I'm on this website.

Hi All,

My name is Tim, working at GH Printing.
Started having issues with our Harlequin 8.1 RIP with TrapPro, so figured I'd better join.

Hi All,

I am a member of Konica Minolta's Major Accounts Team, and have previously worked for Xerox, so hopefully I can provide some insight into what both organizations do well.

I am looking forward to following and contributing to discussions and becoming a better resource for my clients and prospects.

Cheers!

I am a serior manager in the largest newspaper printing plant in Bangladesh. Recently we have introduced thermal CTP for newspaper printing. Have much interest on UV CTP and Inkjet CTP and think that this will have a great future. sarwar.amin at gmail.com

Hi everyone,
i worked for a newspaper printing.
i have been working on web offset presses for last
13 years,basically in shaftless presses.

Looking forward to learn more from you all.

Glen.
A student in computer graphics. Want to learn the workings of proper preparation of files for print production in professional pre-press operator's way - conventional and digital print.

hy i'm erwin and i work for Quick Offset Print in Suriname, South america.I'm a prepress worker and we have a Scitex Lotem 400 CTP machine, 4 color fujioffset 52,5 x 66,5cm, 2 2color fuji52 and we also have a 6 color flexo printing machine.Since i work here i've work on all these machine for a short time.now i want to stay as a prepres worker.

hy i'm erwin and i work for Quick Offset Print in Suriname, South america.I'm a prepress worker and we have a Scitex Lotem 400 CTP machine, 4 color fujioffset 52,5 x 66,5cm, 2 2color fuji52 and we also have a 6 color flexo printing machine.Since i work here i've work on all these machine for a short time.now i want to stay as a prepres worker.

sir, im a prepress ctp operator in philippines, and if you want me as one of your
operator please feel free to email me [email protected].

many thanks

hello everyone, i am a ctp operator in our country philippines my work experinces are as follows:
*can operate ctp (creo trendsetternews)
*can operate ctf (puruf-eskofot)
*can operate HP large format 1055 cm
*can operate Epson stylus 7450 large format
*knowledge in RIP (Harlequine 7 & Eagle 8
*knowledge in acrobat 7 and pitstop 6.5
*knowledge in pc troubleshooting
interested please email [email protected]

Hello forum,
My name is George and I'm the manager of a family-run printing company.
Growing up litterally inside the trade I've come in contact with almost every aspect of printing, but I'm definitely still learning. :)

Hi,
My name is Neal. I'm an owner of a digital printing company.

We operate iGen4s, Nuveras, full bindery, large-format inkjets (hope to move into hybrid flatbed soon). I now spend most of my day working in PrintSmith. Looking forward to learning from the group, and any knowledge I have is available for the asking.

Hey everybody! My name is Marty Thomas. I am the owner/developer of Purlem (a personal url software).

I was first introduced to PURLs when I was looking for creative ways to marketing my web design business. A print shop told me to check out PURLs, and I soon discovered that I would have to cough up a couple thousand dollars just to get started with the darn things. I could see the potential for such a technology so I started developing a solution for myself. What started out as a simple solution to my problem turned into a business of its own.

Printers are my primary customers and I know SQUAT about the printing industry. (Consumables, Rejuvenators, Chemistry.. all these terms I see and have absolutely no idea what they mean!). I look forward to using this blog to get a deeper understand for not only the technical side of the industry, but to also learn about your needs as printers so I can better form purlem to match you needs.

I look forward to meeting you guys. Cheers!

Marty

Introducing Presort Direct

Introducing Presort Direct

Hello everyone.

My name is Fred Griffin and I am the founder of Presort Direct. Presort Direct is an automated mailing list presorting company that aids print shops and other businesses with the task of direct mail. Our service produces all the required postal paperwork and forms (completely filled out) and allow our clients to achieve the maximum allowed postal discounts. In addition to the many forms and reports we supply our customers we also provide back a presorted file (CSV file) complete with postal barcode and endorsement line information as well as many others. All original fields are present in the presorted file which makes the service perfect for VDP applications. Our service allows print shops to focus on their core strengths by providing the expertise in the direct mail area.

Outside of Presort Direct, I enjoy music and software development.

I look forward to learning how I can assist print shops in the step towards direct mail.

Sincerely,

Fred Griffin

Introduction

Introduction

Greetings. Please allow me to introduce myself as a new user to this website.

My name is David. I work in prepress in Stillwater, Minnesota.
The company I work for produces large format screen and digital printing.
If you have ever shopped at a Best Buy, Kohl’s, Lowe’s, Target, Wilsons Leather or bought food from Subway you have appreciated our work. We produce our screens with a computer to screen Luscher system and also sometimes still use old fashion Oyo thermal film. My job involves checking and approving the work of the prepress operators, ripping (Navigator 8.1 rip) jobs and authorizing work to go to press. I fill in for the Art Director when he runs off on vacation hunting or fishing. I have been in the graphic arts field for 32 years. We are currently involved in the G7 color management process having recently been certified as G7 Masters (defined as a certified printer using G7 color management) You can check out the company at the web address listed in my profile.

Outside of work I am an avid pop-up camper user who is on a mission to visit all 72 Minnesota State Parks. I pull my pop-up with my new midnight blue Nissan Xterra 4x4. I am also a friend of Dorothy. I live in the suburban Twin Cities southeast of St. Paul, Minnesota with my partner of 19 years. We also have a furry cat named Shadow and I also have a role as a caregiver for my two senior parents who live in an assisted living facility nearby. I like to read in my “spare” time and love a good book. Send me a note sometime and introduce yourself. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello - I am the scent lady

Hello - I am the scent lady

My name is Tracy Pepe and I am the inventor of dry diffused scented banners - I have a patent pending on adding scent to fabric. I work with printing, marketing firms to offer scent campaigns to companies.

I have been the leading expert in scent marketing since 1991, and I lecture, consult and teach. I am hosting a scented webinar - yes scented for those who want to understand more about scent marketing in Jan.

I love scent - all kinds, and my passion allows me to do what I do. I am one of very few who spend this much time on our nose. When you are eating next try to smell your food, we have over 10 000 nose receptors and only 4 taste buds - your food will taste better with less calories.

If I can help, let me know
[email protected]
Toronto, Canada

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back