Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI DEV DVD on the way out?

Walmart is selling HI-DEV DVDs for less than standard DVD's. For instance Harry Potter HI-DEV was 3 dollars less than the standard. There were over 30 Hi Dev titles that cost less than the standard DVD. Two months ago the HI-DEV were twice the price of the standard DVD. Any body else notice this?

Pat Berger

Re: HI DEV DVD on the way out?

the battle between HD DVD and Blu Ray is still going on. It seems like they are each cutting prices to get a bigger piece of the market. I'm waiting until a single player shakes out or the dual players drop in price.

Comment

ive been tempted to get a paystation due to the fact it includes a blu-ray dvd player, but im not ready to take the plunge yet. each has its own stable of movie studios behind them, but blu-ray has disney behind them, and we all know walt disney is still alive and rules the world. i have a feeling blu-ray wins this battle in the long run.

cr

Comment

I agree that blu-ray will most likely win out.

However, I think the future is neither blu-ray or HD-DVD. We will just be downloading HD movies. Much easier. With h.264 and x.264 codecs files sizes are pretty reasonable for HD movies.

BTW Pat it is High Def (HD-DVD) not High Dev.

Comment

just saw this show up today

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ray.exclusive/

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
          4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph ExpoLabelexpoKBAKBASmartsoft (Presswise)Chili publish4 Pees

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 96 members and 4629 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
          X