HI DEV DVD on the way out?

Green Printer

Registered Users
Walmart is selling HI-DEV DVDs for less than standard DVD's. For instance Harry Potter HI-DEV was 3 dollars less than the standard. There were over 30 Hi Dev titles that cost less than the standard DVD. Two months ago the HI-DEV were twice the price of the standard DVD. Any body else notice this?

Pat Berger

Re: HI DEV DVD on the way out?

the battle between HD DVD and Blu Ray is still going on. It seems like they are each cutting prices to get a bigger piece of the market. I'm waiting until a single player shakes out or the dual players drop in price.

ive been tempted to get a paystation due to the fact it includes a blu-ray dvd player, but im not ready to take the plunge yet. each has its own stable of movie studios behind them, but blu-ray has disney behind them, and we all know walt disney is still alive and rules the world. i have a feeling blu-ray wins this battle in the long run.

cr

I agree that blu-ray will most likely win out.

However, I think the future is neither blu-ray or HD-DVD. We will just be downloading HD movies. Much easier. With h.264 and x.264 codecs files sizes are pretty reasonable for HD movies.

BTW Pat it is High Def (HD-DVD) not High Dev.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back