Time Out

cyclone

Just wondering how you spend time out from the industry,
personally I enjoy paintball, skydiving, rock climbing and mountain biking

Re: Time Out

I like pedaling my bike, Mtn or street(Mtn is more exciting) in the mornings and I just started a weight training program a couple of weeks ago in the evenings. I spend as much time with family and friends as I can, cause well, that's what it's all about for me.

In the summer - Rafting, camping (I got over 15 trips this year), riding quads/dirt bikes.

Winter - Skiing until I can't walk any more, go big or go home!

Playing bass, drums and guitar with the guys, I have a studio at the house.

Scavenging at yard sales and thrift shops, digging trenches and shoveling piles of rock, reading (just about anything except cheesy romance or gritty western paperbacks - mostly nonfiction, though), staring at the wall in a trance-like state over various websites I'm supposed to design, watching films (indie, foreign, documentaries, silly 80s flicks), and riding my bicycle.

I enjoy extreme mountain biking, naked ski diving, alligator wrestling, mountain climbing, spelunking, bullfighting, triathalons, being shot out of a canon, jumping the snake river.......nah, not really I set on my fat a@@ and exercise my remote finger and my beer arm, that or I'm busy fighting off my 2 daughters who want to play webkins or whatever its called so I can play Call of Duty online.

I spend my spare time having my suits tailored and my silk ties cleaned and pressed. When not busy with that, I sit quietly with a good cognac and highlight grammatical errors in the Wall Street Journal while checking my stock portfolio. If I need a little excitement, I play chess by mail with an international cadre of octogenarian former chess champions. One must be quite careful that one's cufflinks don't inadvertently disturb the chess pieces, you know.

I've also written a Fortran program to parse all the recent online poetry here and on the various other "clone" sites. I'd share the results but prefer to keep the critical analysis of rhyme and meter so I can scoff quietly to myself.

Who's running the "ban pool" anyway?

I wanna get my $5 in on Pointy before someone else hits the jackpot!

Agreed... but I guess once we enter the "take my toys and leave" phase, all bets are off? Might as well roll the thread all the way back up to my satirical "time off" post. Delete that too, if it's going to cause such problems. Otherwise this thread just doesn't make much sense.... I'd rather see it with legit posts than butchered like this.

Seems to me no levity will be tolerated at all here. Pointyhat made a post not engaging anyone and it was deleted.
So I guess even observations including comic remarks are also verbatim? Kinda reminds one of Nazi censorship...

I just checked my emails and you are right, it looks like when I was cleaning out one of PB's posts, you had replied to him, the system is set to delete the original post and replies...didn't catch that...

sorry pointy, wasn't intentional... If you want the contents of the post, let me know

I saw it too... but posts are pointless without context. Just roll everything back. Such a shame, though... PointyHat and I were getting along SO well. I even used a smiley.

I take back the Nazi statement for now... and yes Pointy's post had it all. Tom used a smiley, thats the ticket!

Bwaaaahahahah....

You truly have the art of sarcasm mastered Mr. Greer. You're killing me here!

I thought Mr greers(if that's your REAL name :p) humour was relatively good....I mean he is a programmer right?

btw thomas, I actually know what Fortran is...you are an old dude aint ya ;) after graduating college with a programming degree, i decided to keep my hair and go into graphics work. still stressful, but oh so much prettier to look at day to day.

Edited by: Mikie on Sep 4, 2007 9:27 PM

ok on second edit, what, i just get two emoticons per message? lmao, u guys ever BEEN on a forum before????

Edited by: Mikie on Sep 4, 2007 9:27 PM

;\ I did not think there was a limit on the number. You should be able to use two that's for sure. ;)

X-(
:8}
?:|
:_|

some kind of weirdness if you use multiple ones back to back.

Michael, I can't reproduce your +two emoticons per message+ problem. Did you have them all in a row or intermixed throughout your message?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nunc malesuada. Suspendisse et enim eget felis placerat rutrum. Nulla luctus lorem sed turpis. Fusce suscipit purus id metus. :)

Nam orci. Donec lobortis justo nec nulla. Phasellus at nulla. :-(

Donec eu nulla non risus venenatis iaculis. Aenean nec nulla. :8} Etiam
sodales interdum nibh. Suspendisse pharetra ultricies metus. Duis
ultrices malesuada odio. ;)

Sed quam enim, vestibulum vitae, fermentum eu, viverra vel, quam.
Integer leo nisi, nonummy a, tincidunt nec, consectetuer vitae, augue.
Donec neque nisi, venenatis sed, facilisis at, ultrices sit amet,
risus. Donec massa erat, convallis quis, cursus at, pharetra a, est.
Integer fringilla, nisl nec elementum tempor, nisl nisi rutrum ipsum,
ac tempus eros sapien id arcu. B-) Nunc sed lacus id sapien tempor cursus.
Cras consequat. Nunc blandit euismod arcu. Pellentesque cursus felis in
ante scelerisque rutrum. Ut egestas ante. In hac habitasse platea
dictumst. Nunc eleifend fermentum libero. :D

:8}B-) back to back

?:|
]:) stacked

:8}) with an ending )

ahh that's it, doesnt like it when my following character is a ) hmm, wonder if its any character

B-)l

Doh! k so, emoticon followed with a character other than space or return nulls emoticon...duely noted

Adam and I have Paypal accounts. You want 'em? Seriously. ;-)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back