Let's work on those Popular Tags!

G

Here's what they are right now:

!http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/gnubler/populartags.gif!

Quick, start typing the word "beer" in each and every post, whether it's relevant or not, and tag each and every post as BEER. Let's wack those tags out!

~^{color:#999999}
(beer){color}^~

Re: Let's work on those Popular Tags!

the problem with "wacking the tags out" is that they are global and not based on the category or forum so people outside of the lounge see them. a beer tag, though funny in a lounge area, is not very useful. tags should be used to make finding stuff on the site easier, not as a prank.

If you have ever used a site that uses tags you know how nice the feature is. It really helps people find the information they are after.

The tags are system wide, so please keep that in mind when you are tagging something.

Eric and Cory:

If you are doing a search for Beer, you are probably wanting that kind of post, no? seriously, I have a paypal account if you need some help

Boy, you guys have NO humor.

Or, we just don't find attempts to intentionally cripple a useful forum feature all that funny.

Good lord can this place get any more tight assed? This whole uptight corporate bull... hmmm can't say shit...uhhh poopy maybe will get by the filter.... is really getting old.

I have no idea what you're talking about. We were talking about the tags here... some find them useful. If you don't find them useful, don't use them. The idea to intentionally cripple them because you don't use them... simply isn't very funny, and I said so. So you can be outspoken, but I can't?

I UNDERSTAND people are upset. I would be too, if a forum I liked was unceremoniously pulled out from under my feet. I also find the site a bit hard to navigate, with a confusing mix of both too many topics and topics that aren't specific enough. What does any of that have to do with me? Or tag clouds? *Nothing*.

So, you can form any view of me you like. If people want to react to every single comment I make with flames here and clouds of ridicule on other sites... that's their right, and a lot of it is pretty funny stuff. It's hard to get too upset at people's IDEA of who you are based on little more than hearsay and misunderstandings. So, knock yourself out; whip away! The whole anti-tgreer thing has taken on a life of it's own, which is fine, but it isn't going to stop me from posting here.

I chased no one away. Someone made a fool of themselves so took their toys and left. Can't blame me for that.

!http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/gnubler/populartags2.gif!

What are you all, a bunch of beer drinkers or something?

STOP HAVING FUN!!!!! This is serious talk!!!!

!http://www.veryfunnycats.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/funny_cat_pictures_pc_6.jpg!

I'll get back to business after I finish my beer.

!http://www.sandiegojack.com/whack/content/images/large/drunk_cat.jpg!

pointy,

you certainly are confrontational. boy oh boy, makes for funny reading, though.

cr

It seems that the Tag Police are out and about. One of my posts have been cleansed.

Yes Angstboy, you are correct. This is a serious thread.
Please stop screwing around and posting such pictures.

!http://www.visoko.si/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/serious_cat.jpg!

just a observation. when replying to the thread using the form provided, it tell us if we want to preview our reply, then click on "Preview" tab.

I don't know about you guys, there is no preview tab BUT there is 'save now' buttom.

anyway, i was wanting to say, how I enjoy the PPF site but we can still enjoy this one. Are toes being stepped on here???

OUch.

cjwworld

I found the preview 'button' actually its a tab. I thought I will edit this to let you know if anybody else has problems

cjwworld

Edited by: cjwworld on Sep 5, 2007 10:25 PM

Pointy of course has a point.... let the mod/admins handle the issues.

Oh well.........can we get a sponsor for the lounge a beer sponsor, bourbon sponser........ like sendbeer.com, or top label.... then maybe they can buy us all a drink or 20.... we could use that money for some real beers for everyone.... LOL

The admins set the forum up for issues/feedback to be handled via email. This is the lounge, not the issues forum. If I want to say that someone's idea to trash the forum and then claim it's humorous is stupid, shouldn't I be able to do that? And if PointyHat wants to slam me in return for THAT, that's the risk I take, isn't it? This isn't a reversal - I've alway thought that a lounge is a lounge and short of outright personal attacks, spamming or other forum violations, it's an open forum. I think there is a right way to handle feedback, and a right way to have a lounge, and combining them into one neither fish-nor-foul section is a mistake.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back