Let's work on those Popular Tags!

Re: Let's work on those Popular Tags!

So anyone have some ideas for sponsors for the lounge? Favorite beers, drinks, or sites.

Mr. Geer,

I was going to simply ignore your post, except pointy acknowledged it already. The reason I was going to ignore it is because you think your point of view(POV) is always right . You will defend your stance to the grave. This is good when your right, but what is right? Who defines right? Why is it right? When is right? How is it Right? *Where is it right?* What is totally wrong? Is there in between?

Sometimes things are not black and white, they are grey especially with people. Standard rules, methodologies, practices, or procedures for everything are simply guidelines to assist you in structuring. Applying, testing, bending, compromising, stretching, removing, and proving these standards are how you become creative and wise to how to get goals accomplished for the best outcome.

The culture, spirit, vision, and future of PrintPlanet.com will not be defined by some strict standards. You sir will not define PrintPlanet as a place where strict adherence of your standards or whatever standards are a must. Polarization and isolationism is not the vision for PP. The vision for PrintPlanet is for unity and mutual respect. Everyone works just as hard as the other and they are as important as anyone. Anyone for the most part should feel comfortable logging in, posting a question, providing feedback, arguing, and kicking it in the lounge to some degree. Now PrintPlanet can't be as free as b4print.com, but we certainly will not be as strict as tgeer.com. We are glad that people have choices. We are not competing with either site, it is a matter of where someone feels comfortable at expressing themselves and their ideas. We are all for the people in the industry feeling comfortable where they want to hang their hat, but we want them to feel free to knock on the door at PrintPlanet.com and come on in. We are moving forward wiith everything new with PrintPlanet including the culture and unfortunately we will lose some people in the transition, nevertheless we are leaning forward for a positive outcome.

I am not sure if this message will get across, and please don't write a book back. It is not necessary, I know where you stand. The bottom line, is don't ag it on after someone's hand gets slapped and be wary that you come across as condescending. I understand the ninjas and all the smack thats been out there, but in this case you added the flames to the fire. I don't care what your explaination is. An anology for you, a teacher slaps a student's (a) hand, another student (b) says "Your an idiot for doing that" or better yet says "I don't think that was the smartest thing to do". What is right in this instance? It's context isn't it. If the two students are buddies, it's a joke. If student b is the "know it all" or "goody two shoes" then its a flammer. Discern!

Finally, a beer tag would have been perfectly acceptable if would stay in the lounge area. The problem is that it don't. This is a limitation of the software that can be fixed. So there was no totally wrong or right answer to this, however there is a compromise that can be made to make it happen.

Damn, I could have drank two beers instead trying to explain all this...

Wesley Davidson

Edited by: Wesley Davidson on Sep 6, 2007 4:42 AM

FWIW, I think this thread is so ugly we should shave its a55 and make it walk backwards:8}

cokney rhyming slang for beer is

a Thomas Greer =Beer

as in

'fancy a quick thomas at the rubber?'

what a coincidence

cheers all

So I've been told before. People struggle with it, oddly... is it one syllable, or two? Then I get the strange "Thom" spelling from some now and then. Most people just call me "T". Or, "Pompous Windbag". Nice to meet you.

Here's a beer sponsor, in honor of our friend.... well, you know... :) Check the link.

It's a real beer, and it's not bad, go visit the site.

AB is one of my favorite beers! Reading the bottle while drinking is probably the most fun:

This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory - maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your mouthing your words as you read this.

In honor of AB and great craft brewed ales, I shall now change me avatar.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back