Preflight or Pre-flight

Greg_Firestone

Preflight or Pre-flight?

I see it written numerous ways. Just curious if there is a correct spelling or if it can be spelled multiple ways.

Greg

Preflight or Pre-flight Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Preflight or Pre-flight Reload this Page Reply to Thread

We have always used Preflight just as we use Prepress

Preflight. The past tense is "preflit, or preflew, depending on context. I preflew the job yesterday, or he preflit the job last night.:p

Preflight. The past tense is "preflit, or preflew, depending on context. I preflew the job yesterday, or he preflit the job last night.:p

I'd avoid the past tense.

"I preflew the file yesterday." Sounds goofy.

"I did the job preflight yesterday."
or
"I did the preflight of the job yesterday." Sounds better (to me anyway :))

best, gordo

Do you think GOD and it doesn't matter whose God had to preflight the universe and all its glory?...(it is sometimes said that prepress is godless!).

Do you think GOD and it doesn't matter whose God had to preflight the universe and all its glory?.

Perhaps the world before Noah was the preflight of the universe. The file (creation) didn't work out as expected, so it was destroyed and rebuilt with just a few good elements of the original.

J

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back