Awkward Moment

onwsk8r

So we do a lot of wide format (and other digital) for a beer distributor, and our two main contacts took me and a coworker out for dinner and beers tonight.

They were like do you like the IPA? We were like actually what we do for you is all digital....

The waitress was like "do you have any questions about the menu"? They were like "what all comes with the combo platter appetizer". We were like "yeah, what font is this?".

We were impressed at how the menu was printed 5/4. They said we didn't have to do the math because they'd get the tab.

They said they loved the photos on the walls.
I hated them because they were obviously printed 4CP. Probably in runs of 100,000.

Our waitress served the beers in branded glasses. They loved them because they'd sold them.
I hated them because the registration was off.

Afterwards they took us on a field trip to the liquor store.

They liked the Crown.
I liked the Firefly because the label was 4/0 but the 4 was 3 match plates plus UV.

They thought this bottle was cool because of the pattern in the glass.
I thought that bottle was cool because the label had printing on the adhesive side like Sailor Jerry's.

They were like look at the color of this whiskey and btw this tequila goes down like water.
I was like look at that true duotone. Also I bet those inks are iridescent. Probably aqueous. Can't get those bottles wet.

I'm glad I have lots of friends in printing because otherwise I probably wouldn't have any friends.

Sorry for this useless thread.

So we do a lot of wide format (and other digital) for a beer distributor, and our two main contacts took me and a coworker out for dinner and beers tonight.

They were like do you like the IPA? We were like actually what we do for you is all digital....

The waitress was like "do you have any questions about the menu"? They were like "what all comes with the combo platter appetizer". We were like "yeah, what font is this?".

We were impressed at how the menu was printed 5/4. They said we didn't have to do the math because they'd get the tab.

They said they loved the photos on the walls.
I hated them because they were obviously printed 4CP. Probably in runs of 100,000.

Our waitress served the beers in branded glasses. They loved them because they'd sold them.
I hated them because the registration was off.

Afterwards they took us on a field trip to the liquor store.

They liked the Crown.
I liked the Firefly because the label was 4/0 but the 4 was 3 match plates plus UV.

They thought this bottle was cool because of the pattern in the glass.
I thought that bottle was cool because the label had printing on the adhesive side like Sailor Jerry's.

They were like look at the color of this whiskey and btw this tequila goes down like water.
I was like look at that true duotone. Also I bet those inks are iridescent. Probably aqueous. Can't get those bottles wet.

I'm glad I have lots of friends in printing because otherwise I probably wouldn't have any friends.

Sorry for this useless thread.
Not useless at all, recently in the pub I dug a folding loupe out of my bag and took a closer look at a bag of crisps.
Sad innit?

Playing in a friends poker game last weekend, mentioned something about a font, got picked on for half a hour after for "talkin all fancy 'n shit".

looking at a mountain landscape with Photoshop eyes and thinking about gradationcurves.

Going to the Grand Canyon and picking up a visitors guide and finding a typo in the first 20 seconds looking at it . . .

do you ever notice all of those unnoticeable billboards while driving and how bad everything is laid out?
it's like they got their friend or relative to design it.

do you ever notice all of those unnoticeable billboards while driving and how bad everything is laid out?
it's like they got their friend or relative to design it.

Good chance they did. Funny how folks will pay all that money for exposure and go cheap on what they expose.

A few years ago, a colleague and I got into a very intense discussing about what pantone color the time clock was, we finally got up and checked and we were both wrong. :(

A few years ago, a colleague and I got into a very intense discussing about what pantone color the time clock was, we finally got up and checked and we were both wrong. :(

You were probably right. It's the Pantone color that was probably wrong. :)

Gordo

A few months ago i was in a party and i wear the light grey pent, i went to washroom to wash my face but unfortunately water drops on my pent from front side, i did not notice that but when i came outside than all the guys on the party noticed me and i felt very awkward.

signage melbourne

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back