Ready for some football?

G

Not big news, but my Steelers crushed the Browns (again). That one got me a lunch. ;-)

How did your team fare in week 1? Where my pigskin fans at? Holla!

Re: Ready for some football?

My Titans are off to a good start beating arch rival Jacksonville. Colts next week- so we will see!
...and UT won as well.

im a giants fan, so last night didnt set to well with me. damn fun game to watch though, they had a chance to pull it out. looks like its going to be a LONG season for the big blue.

i LOVE the nfl.

cr

chris_r, i hear ya. one of my good friends is a huge giants fan. that and me being a steelers fan should be pretty easy to know who i was rooting for there. with that late pick, i thought they would pull it out. tough one. i hate the cowboys...

that 3rd and 7 the cowboys converted into the last touchdown, that was the game. if the giants could have held there, manning would have come back in and given them a good chance, the cowboys couldnt stop anything either.

oh well, dont want to turn it into a giants thread.

cr

i KNEW it was only a matter of time before a cowboys fan popped in! at least the giants will get another shot at them in the meadowlands, maybe it will be a different story then. like 55-45 perhaps.

Edited by: chris_r on Sep 10, 2007 12:36 PM

Edited by: chris_r on Sep 10, 2007 12:36 PM

eric,

someone actually bet you LUNCH that the browns would win that game? good lord, how being a fan can cloud one's judgement! see if you can get dinner next time....for all of us!

cr

you wish!!!
you know it will be the other way round!

hahaha!

go BOYS!!

what really sucks about this, is that i can't really argue about it. you may be right.

sigh.

cr

Re: Ready for some football? Chiefs!

Yes, I know WHO are the Kansas City Chiefs?! Well, no one here in KC knows either. Some of our personnel changes look positive but that game yesterday was a real disappointment.

If you watched Hard Knocks on HBO, you'd know the name of Phinisee (sp?). He was in camp all summer as a punt returner and was cut in favor of the last minute acquisition of Drummond, who promptly lays us low with the fumble. Sigh!

Long time fan, I try to go to an away game every year. It's a blast! Have mostly been treated very well by rival fans, even in (yuk) Oakland! Recommend you try it sometime.

Chuck

hard knocks...great show.

i went to an away game once, at lambeau field in green bay. absolutely, without a doubt, the finest experience i ever had at a professional sporting event. i was surrounded by packer fans, and they could not have been nicer. granted, they were out of it, nothing was riding on the outcome, but they were fun and it was a great time. it was new years day a couple years back, last game of the season. if ever you get the chance, that is THE place to watch football. i will definitely do that again someday.

cr

Never made it to Lambeau... maybe someday.

Besides Oakland, I've been to San Diego, Denver, (see a trend there do ya?), the Metro Dome for the Vikings, New Orleans, and twice to Indianapolis (yes I went last year's playoff game). I play poker as a hobby, and love to go to the away game site's poker games dressed in team colors, talk smack and take their money!

*"As a Colts season ticket holder I'd say so far so good!'*

So does that mean you will miss seeing the Titans beat the Colts this Sunday?
Actually I have very mixed feelings being a big Payton Manning fan too- he played for my other fav Tennessee.

wow...too bad my favorite team has the TALENTED manning brother on it!

cr

lol
well some of those ole far*s still got it in 'em.
Favr and Air McNair

Edited by: tapdn on Sep 12, 2007 12:48 PM

somewhat related to this thread...and funny

7 Year Old Challenges Custody Decision in Franklin County Courtroom

Columbus, OH (AP) - A seven-year old boy was at the center of a Franklin County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Cleveland Browns, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back