Any Votes for Print Planet to go BACK to their Old Homepage??

My gripe is the number of "Recent Threads" on the front page is cut way back, seemingly in favor of the "Editiorial Feature" above. I'm not quite sure what the Editorial Feature even is - Is it supposed to be an ad for Blanks/USA? There's not even a link. Just "helpful" info to tell viewers to print commodity stuff? I don't get it...

I'm fine with everything except the smaller "recent threads" section. That is the only way I find threads to read/comment in. I don't search through each sub-category.

I'm fine with everything except the smaller "recent threads" section. That is the only way I find threads to read/comment in. I don't search through each sub-category.

Me too. It seems that the forum aspect has been squeezed near to invisibility. Also the category titles are corrupted on my iPad.

I hope this is a work in progress and not the final version.

FL

I agree with PrintIT, I don't like how the number of recent threads has been cut back. I do like the added color in the category column on the left.

It's free & it's not difficult to click the new posts button?

It may make for less user created content since topics won't be as easily exposed to visitors. Does it make a huge difference? No, not really. It won't make me stop coming to the site however if our voice is enough for Print Planet to make a minor change then great.

I don't see a problem with us voicing our opinion on the topic as it may not be a take it or leave it scenario.

Your comments are appreciated, thank you!

Everything's not perfect, but we're trying to get there. In response to comments, there are now double the number of threads that are visible. Hope this helps.

Thank you Print Planet. It appears there are more visible threads on the front page. That is all that was needed. Wunderbar!

Nice to know there are archives of the old forums, but it seems my old email and passwords don't work.

If one wants to get to any old posts, does it mean that one has to join each different forum with new email and password info?

Thanks.

That's on the WaybackMachine - Just a site that archives public websites. Not affiliated with any of the sites it actually archives, so I would hope that the username and passwords don't work. I highly doubt any of the password protected info is on that site anyways as it just archives public pages.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back