Miss the old PrepressForums

Re: Miss the old PrepressForums

Don,

Good points all. I have not seen one instance (and don't support) editing opinion commentary on any company or product. We get in some heat over at WhatTheyThink.com quite often for this as some of our writers tend to hold no punches (Frank Romano and Andy Tribute come to mind). You are entitled to let your opinions be known and the truth is certainly always welcome here. Both critic and target should be prepared to defend.

I fully support your view of how to engage the community. We won't shut down any opinions legitimately criticizing anything. I'd hope that the criticisms would remain positive, but they don't always end up or stay that way. We will not tolerate personal attacks. The way for companies to deal with such criticism is to engage the community and improve their products and services. We won't be party to those who attempt to stifle dissent without having taken honest looks at the criticisms and acting upon them.

Hell, we have quite a big list of things to work on that were very vocal criticisms of this site. We know the deal.

Hey pointy. drove by a sign in chicago that was a banner for the thing you got your avatar from. thought you were following me! lol.

You can surely characterize it that way, but we are in the business of providing information to the broader printing industry and forum discussions are a part of that. There never was any "thinly veiled attempt" to boost advertising rates. I've said all along that we are a business who intends to provide a valued service as well as earn a profit. Sponsor support is how we keep things going and are able to invest in things and do our jobs. No apologies from me there.

We were glad to have the community Cory built join us. As you know, with most forums there are only a small percentage of the total who are active. We found it to be about 6-8% of the total in PPF's case. This will probably be much the same here, but we'll seek to increase that number and level of participation as a percentage of the whole.

Sorry Dad, I needed it for the toga party. I got a puke covered toga for you though.

Edited by: Fiz on Sep 14, 2007 11:09 AM

Pffft!!!! Is that it? Come on mix it up!!!! The only threads here worth reading are the flames...quick somebody call Pointyhat a dude!

You are correct, the answer is no. This thread will last for another 2 years. At least that's our current goal, no?

You are correct, the answer is no. This thread will last for another 2 years. At least that's our current goal, no?

Yes

so where is this "direct competition" site you guys speak of.. I would like to lurk there too.

I'd love to tell you, but the Corporate overlords would have me taken out and shot.

And since there is no way to PM you on this site, all you can do is go back to the old PPF and look for the thread by Joe about it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back