Another farewell

BillJ

After my almost 35 years, It's time to say goodbye to the industry. I started installing and fixing cameras and evolved along with the industry. I have enjoyed it (mostly) and felt my contributions have been positive. The supplier side of the industry has been dying faster than printing due to the big guys moving down market to maintain their share. It's a fight for pennies when it used to be a fight for dollars.

My career change is into a field that is not going anywhere but up (bank automation).

So my best to all and I will check up on you occasionally.

Bill

Goodbye Bill !

Goodbye Bill !

After my almost 35 years, It's time to say goodbye to the industry. I started installing and fixing cameras and evolved along with the industry. I have enjoyed it (mostly) and felt my contributions have been positive. The supplier side of the industry has been dying faster than printing due to the big guys moving down market to maintain their share. It's a fight for pennies when it used to be a fight for dollars.

My career change is into a field that is not going anywhere but up (bank automation).

Bill

By Bill, and good luck !

Well folks,

I know I have not been the most active member on the list
but
I certainly have appreciated the information and banter
between list members.
-
I have retired from the PrePress (after starting there in 1972) and, as of now, have no intentions on returning.
-
I am traveling to Pinehurst, NC next week to search for a new house to relocate into - on the golf course -
and plan on spending my time trying to get the ball into the hole as many times and as efficiently as possible.

Maybe, I will send pix...
(and, of course, I WILL be checking up on you)

In any event - best wishes to all of you fellow digital cowboys out there.

MSD

P.S.
- I am copy and pasting this into other groups
- SO -
if you don't like it ...
fire me.

Good Luck Bill, if all goes as planned I will be following yours and WhartRat's lead in about 18 months. Started in this career later than most, spent time in the Air Force and learning how to build houses before I fell into the flexo industry - 36 years here will be enough.

By the way WhartRat I read somewhere that the most efficient way to get the ball in the hole is to forget the club, walk over to the hole and drop the ball in. Probably not as fun as using the club, but also probably not as frustrating. Enjoy, as Michael Feinstein put it in the title of his book about golf, "a good walk spoiled"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back