Miss the old PrepressForums Slight Return

Re: Miss the old PrepressForums Slight Return

Man, it's Friday ffs! What else are we supposed to do except talk nonsense? Work?? I think not.

Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered
philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative
garbage. You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing
blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist.

But I do rest my case, at PPF that thread would have gone on for days. Or until I beat PB_43 into submission, whichever came first.

Oh I KNOW... God all its soooo vanilla now....

Since I can't respond on the old thread....

Eric Vessels wrote:
In terms of your specific polite recommendations, most were vague "not friendly" references.
- I was in a bit of a hurry, but I would be happy to be more detailed and specific if you like. I apologize if you feel that my attempt to provide you with the requested feedback came across as “not friendly”. Sometimes constructive criticism can be taken that way.

Eric Vessels wrote:
"Opinions and free speech are not allowed to run as free on PrintPlanet"? If you mean not allowing people to call others idiots? You'd be correct. Not allowed here. Go somewhere else for that.
- Because my post was edited, I cannot prove it on this forum. But, you know that I never did anything of the sort. I never called or suggested that anyone or any website were “idiots”. I never used any derogatory names or terms. I resent your suggestion.

Eric Vessels wrote:
Not one bit of opinion or free speech has been disallowed on this site. Personal insults and attacks have been deleted in order to protect the broader community.
- Again, not true. I never insulted or attacked anyone.

Eric Vessels wrote:
Your feature requests look suspiciously like a list designed to favor a certain platform that a new site exists on over this one.
- Stop being so suspicious. No, they were meant to suggest that PrepressForums.com was very successful and user-friendly. Why mess with success? IMO the few new features that are available in this format do not make up for what has been lost.

Eric Vessels wrote:
Choice of software "not friendly": I have no idea what this means.
- It means that I don’t find the interface very intuitive.

Eric Vessels wrote:
Too rigid: Again, no clue what this means.
- It means that the manner in which you have chosen to interpret and apply your rules of censorship are heavy handed and dictatorial. I realize that this is your forum, but if you ask for user input …then accept it. Don’t edit a post and then publicly accuse someone of saying something that they didn’t. (As was done in my case.)

Eric Vessels wrote:
Given the way you ended your reply, it is pretty clear this was an attempt to post a link to a competing forum.
- Untrue. My comments were meant to provide constructive criticism as per Uncle Dave’s request. I appreciate that you may or may not agree with my comments, but that’s Ok. That’s what a discussion forum is for. Again, you are being way too paranoid.

> {quote:title=evessels wrote:}{quote}
> I'm quite sad to see those from the old PPF continue to try thinly veiled attempts to get our members to join their forum. There is absolutely nothing wrong with another forum starting for the community of people who don't find this site fitting their needs. Nothing at all. Maybe old PP members will soon set up an email list. If that suits them better, no worries. We tried (and continue to try) to marry a web forum with an email forum. We're not all the way there yet, but those who jumped ship probably never wanted to be on it in the first place - and that's fine too.
>
> We just don't want to allow what appears to be a site in direct competition to ours to continue to advertise on ours. Quite simple concept really. Wendy's doesn't hand out McDonald's coupons in the interest of freedom of burger choice. Of course there is that freedom. The marketplace of ideas is indeed open.
>
> In terms of your specific polite recommendations, most were vague "not friendly" references. "Opinions and free speech are not allowed to run as free on PrintPlanet"? If you mean not allowing people to call others idiots? You'd be correct. Not allowed here. Go somewhere else for that. If you mean not allowing people to link to sites that engage in trying to "swarm this site like locusts", "attack like ninjas", or otherwise encourage users to leave this site for theirs, then yes. Call us crazy for not allowing that as well. Not one bit of opinion or free speech has been disallowed on this site. Personal insults and attacks have been deleted in order to protect the broader community. Links to sites that were set up for the express purpose of drawing users away from this site instead of help improve it were also deleted and will continue to be.
>
> Your feature requests look suspiciously like a list designed to favor a certain platform that a new site exists on over this one. You wanted:
>
> - User selected skins: Seems like a nice to have, but doesn't add much to discussion. We have no plans to add such a feature.
>
> - Moving avatars: Seems like fun, might be distracting.
>
> - Most recent posts at top: Definitely and there are multiple threads talking about how this is on a to-do list. We are also working on a way to globally look at unanswered questions, which from a forum standpoint would be very valuable.
>
> - Choice of software "not friendly": I have no idea what this means.
>
> - Too rigid: Again, no clue what this means. Other than not wanting people to compete with us directly on our board or call other community members idiots, I have no idea what you might mean.
>
> Given the way you ended your reply, it is pretty clear this was an attempt to post a link to a competing forum. You even tee up a censorship argument to be used later.

First I'd like to say...I've never posted a link to the "other site" on this board and I've also never asked any other member to do so. I have no control over what the individual members do so to say it was a "thinly veiled attempts to get your members to join our forum" is wholly untrue. There has been no organized mass recruitment efforts. No organized plot to "swarm this site like locusts", "attack like ninjas". People make posts like that in a joking manner all over the internet and I know of no one that took it seriously.

As far as referring to this site as "The Dark Side"...I placed that into the word filter to try and slow down the bashing of this site. Believe it or not! Since it offends you I have removed the reference from the word filter. Feel free to give it a try.

I said from the very beginning I thought there was room for both places. Feel free to disagree but stop sitting on your high horse and calling the "other site" spam. It's not even close to any definition of the word spam. If you want to censor the URL if someone posts, fine. It's your board. It's your right. Just quit acting your are a hero protecting your members from the evil empire.

heh. so i suppose your profile on here is no "veiled attempt" either. lol. whatever. people can see it for what it is. it's all there afterall. nice work on slowing down the bashing of PP though. kudos there. lovely job! dig the esko stuff too. killer party they had. i never said there wasn't room for both places. the goals are clearly different. never said "the site" was spam either. just the constant attempts to get this site to promote it. you chose to start another site instead of work with this one in transition. congrats. have fun.

Looks like someone has been disappeared.

I can't quite recall who it was though....

Hey, where'd that "Graphic" guy go? It's like - he never even existed!! :0

"graphic" guy huh, funny I don't see him in any of the site sanctioned photographs...

sigh. if you read my reply again you'll see i never claimed you did any of what you are claiming i claimed you did. lol. you don't like the interface. cool. we've heard all the feedback and are working on making some changes - some quicker than others. you are free to use or not use. the interface doesn't seem to stop you from making posts at least, which is good.

From The Urban Dictionary-

Forum Nazi

An Admin or Moderator who is very small in their non PC who abuses the trust and power given to them in order to direct discussion, traffic and post to suit their personal agenda.
Actions include locking, and/or editing post that contain information that is contrary to their own opinion.

After giving it ample time, It is apparent to me that things aren't going to get much better here...
The top posters are 'somewhere else'
When PPF died a fast and premature death...people were surely suprised, and scrambled to gain back what they had ASAP - with little or no time to offer the alternatives that they were pressed to seek. Sure...you got a week of bashing from some angry members that felt jaded, but that angst is usually short lived....and this is not a continuous ill-will grudge match, the fighting isn't gonna continue.....as people will refuse to contribute to a stale environment.

...Just people going other directions than here...people need to 'blow off steam' somewhere....but they also are very helpful on topics they are knowledgeable about.

Censorship of the 'other' options availabe to prepressers - restricts freedoms, restricts education, and restricts intelligence....and that is what you offer us...
Big Brother is watching us....
Big Brother wants to control us...
don't say anything bad about Big Brother
or its' sponsors

Good luck, PP forum....this isn't nearly the same or better than the forum/atmosphere it purports or strives to replace.

> {quote:title=evessels wrote:}{quote}
> heh. so i suppose your profile on here is no "veiled attempt" either. lol. whatever. people can see it for what it is. it's all there afterall. nice work on slowing down the bashing of PP though. kudos there. lovely job! dig the esko stuff too. killer party they had. i never said there wasn't room for both places. the goals are clearly different. never said "the site" was spam either. just the constant attempts to get this site to promote it. you chose to start another site instead of work with this one in transition. congrats. have fun.

Excuse me, I thought that is what the "Other Website (include http://)" line in the profile was for. Have others posted their URL in there?

I have no idea what your referring to with the "esko stuff" or the party.

And how many times do I have to tell you? There has been no organized attempt to get my site promoted here. Paranoid much?

I love it when Pointy is naughty....
naughty naughty dirty little witch!!!!

I think that the very fact that the original thread on this topic got locked pretty much says it all. And if this site was as interested in providing knowledge and answers to all of us in the industry, then they would never edit replies that refer to another site where answers and knowledge might be available.

I was trying to get used to this forum and give it a fair shot, but now that I can see the direction it is heading, I probably won't visit or post as frequently as I did on PPF.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back