You know you're old when . . .

Wait, we don't say dial anymore?

Had to explain to my grand-daughter once , that, back in the Day, phones had a circular face with finger-holes where the numbers go. To call a phone number, you had to place your finger in the desired finger hole and move the circular face until it hit a small metal stopper. Then release it and do the same for the rest of the phone number. Thus, when you called someone you had to "Dial" their phone number. She just rolled her eyes and said "Sure, Papa" (as she is texting on her iPhone).

Last edited:
I'll have to go back and look again . . . short term memory loss is common at our age . . . .

...hammering away on a Berthold Diatype faster than the line would show in the LED display. Or drawing your Mettage in pencil for the Diacomp lettershooter.

Ok . . lets see how old this group is . . . how many remember the IBM Composer (a typewriter that justified type), and how many have run a linotype

chandler price, kluge, miehle, windmill, multi1250, ab dick 360, harris, heidleberg, komori, ryobi. i've been all over every part of a print shop. I love it when the kiddies tell me "you cant do that"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back