USPS Stamps Feel Like Actual Game Balls

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Available nationwide June 14, the USPS will release first-of-a-kind, Forever stamps with the look & feel of actual sports balls used in baseball, basketball, football, golf, kickball, soccer, tennis & volleyball.

A special coating applied to selected areas of the stamps during the printing process gives them a texture that mimics the feel of baseball stitching, golf ball dimpling, tennis ball seams, etc.

They will be issued as part of the 117th U.S. Open Golf Championship on June 14. Issued in panes of 16, these round Forever stamps include 2 stamps of each design, and may be pre-ordered at usps.com/shop for delivery after June 14.

Ok, let me get this straight: The Marketing & Advertising arm of The United States Postal Service has determined that the public likes to feel balls. Have I interpreted that correctly?

Ok, let me get this straight: The Marketing & Advertising arm of The United States Postal Service has determined that the public likes to feel balls. Have I interpreted that correctly?

Urrr! That could actually catch on.

MailGuru: "You had to have known when you originally posted this that somebody was going to go there. Right?"

No, that was never a remote thought to me, only that it might promote dialogue about the creativity of the USPS. I personally like their lighthouse series much better, but do think that sports fans will love the new basketballs & footballs. I'm thinking we need a deflated football stamp for those of us in New England, though.:)

Hey... I've got an idea! How about just a plain stamp that gets your mail delivered undamaged in a timely manor by a pleasant mail carrier?

Hey... I've got an idea! How about just a plain stamp that gets your mail delivered undamaged in a timely manor by a pleasant mail carrier?

Hope springs eternal in the hearts and minds of........................ (in the words of Arrowsmith: "Dream On, Dream on........."

Nailed it. I'd rather embellish other areas of my life, stamps are not even registering on my list. Could be black & white for all I care. I guess this is why postage rates keep going up, hey! foil and emboss! there's another 5 cents a piece! I'm helping!

One day I'll have to write a short story about my mail carrier here at the office. I am told by other postal workers that my carrier's name is Oafie. My aptly named mail carrier can often be seen on my security camera throwing parcels at my glass front door. The only reason I haven't posted the videos to youtube is because I don't want anybody "going postal" as she has yelled at me, my staff and my neighbors before. Why would she yell at such a jolly soul you might ask..... well because I asked her to take my first class mail that wouldn't fit in the outgoing communal box. (Not) Funny story, but true.

So, without breaching the security of your proprietary data storage, can we assume that "Oafie" is on the "naughty" list?

So, without breaching the security of your proprietary data storage, can we assume that "Oafie" is on the "naughty" list?

She's actually made it onto the "Downright Mean" list ..... BIG OL' LUMP of COAL in the outgoing mailbox every year!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back