Results of USPS Consumer Survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of USPS Consumer Survey

Neopost USA conducted an online survey of US consumers in April to capture opinions about the USPS.

Here are some findings from the survey respondents:
    • 83% agreed that a strong postal service is an important part of American life,
    • 80.8% agreed that the USPS provides value for American businesses,
    • 75.6% did not know that the USPS receives no funding from taxpayers,
    • 73.6% had mailed a letter, post card, package or parcel with the USPS within the previous month,
    • 35.8% said a packing service would be the most desired addition to USPS services,
    • 25.7% said a loyalty program should be added.

Point #3 "usps receives no funding from taxpayers"....errr....mmm...except the $18 billion they receive each year: http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

Comment

Right! That result seems to fly in the face of generally available information.
      The Government Accounting Offices' Lori Rectanus, Director, Physical Infrastructure Issues, was one of the officials to testify at the House oversight committee hearing on the Postal Service Reform Act of 2017 last week. Rectanus pointed out that even though the health care prefunding requirement's for fixed contributions ends in 2017, "USPS will be required to…

Comment

Originally posted by prwhite View Post
        Right! That result seems to fly in the face of generally available information.
        The survey results are also questionable given that it was conducted by a mailing service. Self-serving?

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post

The survey results are also questionable given that it was conducted by a mailing service. Self-serving?
          Just for edification, the survey was conducted by a company that makes and sells mailing equipment to companies that mail. Not a mailing service. Still self-serving, though.

Comment

I just gotta throw my 2 cents in . . . whereas its really 49 cents and by me being a tax payer wouldn't that 49 cents be counted as funding from a taxpayer?
            "If you think you are too small to be effective
            you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."

Comment

Originally posted by dabob View Post
              I just gotta throw my 2 cents in . . . whereas its really 49 cents and by me being a tax payer wouldn't that 49 cents be counted as funding from a taxpayer?
              No. Not taxing. The USPS is simply Crowdfunding. ;-)

Comment

And now we find out that the usps is even subsidizing amazon's package deliveries at taxpayer's expense:
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the...ery-1499987531

Comment

All surveys are BS

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    All surveys are BS
                    Did you get that info from a survey?

Comment

It's a widely accepted fact that 60% of surveys lead to the wrong conclusions.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                      UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4396 users online. 77 members and 4319 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                      X