Trying - An Original Piece

Sounds suspiciously like something I always tell my daughter at softball:

It's better to strike out swinging than standing there with the bat on your shoulder.

To do or do not cannot be executed without a try.

D

I coach college baseball and I get so many guys tell me they're trying to do something. I simplify this for them. I hold out my hand and tell them to try and move it. Every time they move it the first time. I say no, you moved it, try to move it. Then they will not touch my hand and I say nope, you failed to move it. Usually leaves them perplexed but they realize they're either accomplishing or failing.

One more for today and than I shall be quiet..........

100% of all things that are not tried fail.

I do not know if that is original, but I am sure that is correct.

D Ink Man

That's incorrect. You can't fail at something you've never tried, although as odd as this may sound; it's possible to succeed without really trying.

Really alibryan? You are repeating what I just said in Post #10 and calling in incorrect. THINK my friend!

D

You should think, my friend.

By your logic, if I don't enter to race in the Indy 500, then I somehow failed to win it? Or, if I don't try the sushi because I don't like it, then I somehow failed to order it? This is wrong thinking. If it was correct thinking, that would mean that every single person in this world has failed at everything they've never wanted to try.

On the other hand, let's say I just 'succeeded' in becoming a very wealthy man without even trying. Know how I did it?

I inherited it.

1) If you didn't enter the Indy 500 then you didn't TRY to win it. Duh!! 2) If you already KNOW that you don't like it (sushi), you had no failure. At some point you TRIED it or had misconceptions about it and never TRIED it. Failure has nothing to do in this equation example you present. Duh #2!!!

"If it was correct thinking, that would mean that every single person in this world has failed at everything they've never wanted to try." This statement you made here is respectfully, the most ignorant thing I have ever encountered coming from a species that is suppose to have a rather high degree of intelligence.

And..... Congratulations on your free money that ended up in your hand. But then again as my mother once told me, There Is Nothing Free in this World.

Please THINK.

D

I am honored to be put in such a lofty plateau of a man such as Henry Ford. I can because I tried.

-D Ink Man

Good Evening, Ink Man! A previous post reminds me of a quote by Friedrick Nietzsche..."He muddies the water, to make it seem deep".

The original post refers to TRYING, not whether it is successful or whether it is failure. When you TRY the consequence does result of the aforementioned. But if you do not TRY only one of those two results are certain to happen. Just forget about inheritances and silver spoons, because as some may see this as a success, it came as the result without the effort of a TRY. Two completely total different entities. Don't confuse them alibryan. Now maybe you can see through the shallow thinking and thick-headedness you display. You can at least say I TRIED with explanation here.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back