Flagging spam

gordo

Question: when you open a post to read it, do you see a flag icon in the bottom right? It's supposed to be there so that you can flag a post as spam. However, that flag button doesn't show up on my screen. Does it show up on yours? If so, could you post a screen grab of it so that I can comoare it to what I see?

Here you go Gordo

Attachments

• Flag.JPG
    Flag.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 211
Maybe you have to request a Canadian flag ;-)

Arf, arf :)
I know that up here we're nowhere near as enthusiastic about waving the flag as our neighbours to the south are...but, still, no flag at all? Even on my iPad there's no flag.

BTW, we do put out or flags for Canaduh Day but, by the next day, they're mostly retired to the garage. LOL

Arf, arf :)
I know that up here we're nowhere near as enthusiastic about waving the flag as our neighbours to the south are...but, still, no flag at all? Even on my iPad there's no flag.

BTW, we do put out or flags for Canaduh Day but, by the next day, they're mostly retired to the garage. LOL

Are you an admin to any degree Gordo? Wonder if admins can't flag since you know....they should be handling the issue instead of flagging it?

Are you an admin to any degree Gordo? Wonder if admins can't flag since you know....they should be handling the issue instead of flagging it?

@ Keth1 - yup, no flag when I'm logged in.

@ arossetti I'm not an admin to any degree, but I think that the spam flag is there so that members can bring a post to the attention of the admins since, given the number of posts I doubt they would catch every spam post in a timely manner. Other wise there's no point in having a flag for members. I just don't understand why I don't see it on any of my browsers on my MacBook Pro nor on my iPad - but others do.

I can tell you that the vB software that runs on both is the same, and is not optimized for mobile devices.

Gordo, It sounds like you have a cache, or, left-over cookie issue. I'm not familiar with your devices, but, whatever you are using for a browser should have some options or tools in the "properties" area of the browser to delete cookies and/or clear the cache. After you find that and run it, re-boot your device and see if that corrects the problem.

Gordo, It sounds like you have a cache, or, left-over cookie issue. I'm not familiar with your devices, but, whatever you are using for a browser should have some options or tools in the "properties" area of the browser to delete cookies and/or clear the cache. After you find that and run it, re-boot your device and see if that corrects the problem.

Done.

As expected, no change. I.e. the same problem happens on my iPad so it's not exclusive to my MAC.

Oh well, spammers will be happy. :-(

Done.

As expected, no change. I.e. the same problem happens on my iPad so it's not exclusive to my MAC.

Oh well, spammers will be happy. :-(

Don't worry, I hit that flag button like there is no tomorrow. I got your back Gordo.

Gordo, Mystery solved! Our support guru reminds me that a while back, we needed to create a custom permission set to upload your “Toons”. This permission set was missing the Flag. However, everything should be fine now & you should be able to wave the flag. Give it a try.

Gordo, Mystery solved! Our support guru reminds me that a while back, we needed to create a custom permission set to upload your “Toons”. This permission set was missing the Flag. However, everything should be fine now & you should be able to wave the flag. Give it a try.

The flag's back!
c'mon spammers! I dare yah! I double dog dare yah!
Wahoo!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back