Printer turns down work

But doesn´t that work both ways? At what point must the government step in and say "enough is enough" A Muslim hate preacher was denied entry into Switzerland just recently, or people like holocaust deniers can be jailed in Germany for their views and opinions. Or the surveillance of so-called "Reichsbürger," those who claim that the Bundesrepublik of Germany is a lie. Is that oppression of free speech, censorship or refusal to accept dissent or does it protect ordinary citizens like you and me?

I believe that the government has a duty to protect ALL of its citizens. I see no problem in denying someone entry into a country. Our constitution is for citizens, not non citizens.

As far as holocaust deniers being jailed for their views and opinions, I personally think that is an awful thing. Regardless of how idiotic it might be to deny something like that, that is the government forcing its citizens to believe and behave the way it wants it to. In America, we have plenty of people who deny plenty of major events. 9/11, a lot of mass shootings, JFK conspiracies. But I believe they have just as much a right to question and try to prove these events were fake as much as someone who whole heartedly believes they happened exactly like they were told.

As far as surveillance of the Reichsburger (sorry, don't know how to put the german marks on lol) go for it. We have surveillance on a lot of people in America. Our government went so far as to illegally spy on us until Snowden exposed the NSA for it. But, just because you don't agree with the current government does not mean you shouldn't be allowed to believe it. There were plenty of people who thought Obama was an illegitimate President because they said he was born outside the US. Look up the hashtag #notmypresident on twitter. People post it regularly talking out against Trump.

I say go for it. Whose to say that in 100 or 200 years Germany won't suppress speech and individual thinking so much that they turn into N. Korea. Sounds crazy right. But it starts somewhere. Who would have thought 13 colonies of farmers would be lead by a bunch of traitors and take on the most powerful government in the world at the time and win? Now were the most powerful country in the world.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back