How many jobs do you complete in one day?

Just curious what kind of work volume per person you guys do a day. Wether it be proofing, plating, whatever. About how many jobs do you work on in one day?

Re: How many jobs do you complete in one day?

On a busy day I probably work on 15 - 20 different jobs

I may only work 2 or 3, but web jobs typically 56 to 160 pages- like one I finished this morning; 160 page quarterfold/ 7 runs downloaded, preflight and proof on wide format printer as sigs.
...my co-worker does more, but she's younger :)

As few as possible.

Edited by: Rome Venier on Sep 18, 2007 1:32 PM

All of them.

j/k depends on the workload, a day can be a mix of color work (trying to match a customers cr@ppy proof so we can print it) or working on 1-ups or setting up press forms.

What are you saying that most people here are.....GULP, pressman??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol no it's worse G - Designers!!!!!!!!!! yeekkkkkk

Oh god no......think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts.

> {quote:title=Pointyhat wrote:}{quote}
> Steve, very few prepress people here.

welcome back pointy, i am glad you are still a participating member. i hope we can let bygones be bygones, and move forward from here.

cr

When it comes to prepress, it really depends on where you work and what day it is. I see prepress and printing as a sink or swim type of thing. Either you don't have much work at all or you can have more than you can handle in a day. And you can have both types of days in the same week. One day doing maintenance when you get a chance and maybe the next having an avalanche of jobs come in and not be able to get to any maintenance. Plus there are busier times of the year than others where I work, and I'm sure there are others that work at large shops where it's busy about all the time. It just depends.

Don

Depends a lot on the job too. Some days several easy jobs go through smoothly, pick up and re-plate, business card imprints, etc... I can go through a stack of job tickets before lunch.
Then some days are like yesterday, I spent pretty much all day fixing a 96 page book that was built completely wrong. Most of today will be wasted plating it.

It varies greatly. The biggest bottleneck is the condition of the files. I can clear a lot of work if everything wants to play nice. The only constant is no matter how many jobs you get out, if you screw up one, you're an arsehole.

dittos farabomb
I still hear about one page of a 64 page book that got by me 3 years ago ffs!

Farabomb, you got it right. Where's the "at-a-boy" when you do so many jobs right? But let one job get messed up, and they are quick to make you feel like a cracka'-ass cracka' (just a phrase I like).

Don

I just did 32 hours in 2 days. One 80 pgr one 116 pgr. Super rush, 3 rounds of customer changes. Started the job on the 13th and it went out the door this AM to the binder. 2 Full booked up proofs pasted together, checking for changes, marking many the designer missed. Job went to press monday 18hrs behind. I'm the only guy in prepress/plating. I have to do it all. First 4 sets of plates were bad because the imagesetter decided to go out of focus because it hates me. 2 crews and one 40 hedi running around the clock. Got the job done early.

What did I hear each day I come in after 4 hours of sleep? How I missed non-marked corrections on a job and didn't send a PDF to a customer. Worst part about it is the co-owner I hear it from is my brother the salesman. His computer skills stop at the big button turns it on and I have to listen about how I need to fix the files with copy and paste (something I had to show him 3x how to do).

Think I'm going to the good beer store tonight. Hopefully I can find something I haven't had before but that's a little tough seeing as I work in prepress. ; )

Mods, you need a rant/rave section here desperately.

Very vague question... I could work on one job for a week or 40 jobs in one day......all depends on the job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back