Question about commission for colleague

pworden

After years of prepress work, I've started my own design business, more part time than full time. Anyway, a former colleague of mine sells print and has begun to refer work to me, both print and website work. Any advice on how much commission I should offer him? I haven't asked yet ... Thanks.

Ask what he would pay you if you sent him a print job. could be anywhere between 5 and 25 percent. I know that trade printers often will sell their print to print brokers 25% discounted, and the reseller simply gets their 25% that way when they invoice the customer at full retail price.

Finders fee sometimes are a fixed amount as well.

Ask what he would pay you if you sent him a print job. could be anywhere between 5 and 25 percent. I know that trade printers often will sell their print to print brokers 25% discounted, and the reseller simply gets their 25% that way when they invoice the customer at full retail price.

Finders fee sometimes are a fixed amount as well.

Thanks. I moved across country, so it's unlikely he would get a print job from me. Still, thanks for that range. I've asked him what he would like. He's a friend, so I'm sure he'll be fair, and I'd like to be sure he gets a portion because I appreciate the work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back