Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you benefitted from the recent economic uptick!

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy gasguzzler Batman, had a few minutes over coffee so I did the math, just for a bit of fun, now I have no comprehension of MPG so I broke it down to Litres per 100 Kilometres and with a bit of metaphysics I get it to cost 170 USD to fill that behemoth full with a 26G tank.

Comment

I just bought gas last night for US $2.38 per gallon. To fill a 26 gallon tank it would be US $61.88.
      Joe
      OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Given the fact with all the scientific evidence, Big Oil can no longer claim that oil and gas are a limited fossil fuel so it will be much harder for them to inflate the price of fuel. But I guess the good part of the high prices was we have become much less wasteful and have researched and developed new ways to get to the source of deep earth produced hydrocarbons.
        Last edited by DYP; 02-02-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
          I just bought gas last night for US $2.38 per gallon. To fill a 26 gallon tank it would be US $61.88.
          Sorry, I should have added: "Here in Europe"

Comment

Originally posted by DYP View Post
            Given the fact with all the scientific evidence, Big Oil can no longer claim that oil and gas are a limited fossil fuel so it will be much harder for them to inflate the price of fuel. But I guess the good part of the high prices was we have become much less wasteful and have researched and developed new ways to get to the source of deep earth produced hydrocarbons.
            That would be by fraking, also known as "scraping the bottom of the barrel" Problem is not that Oil is running out but it will become too expensive to produce, when Oil costs as much to produce as it brings in revenue it is no longer a energy source but an energy sink, the only way you can get around this is by producing more which will then become cheaper. And you get a vicious circle. For instance Saudi oil comes in at around 8 USD, oil produced by shale at 23 USD, not factored is the horrific environmental cost of fraking. In my humble opinion the postulated oil wars have already begun, not with guns and bombs but with prices.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5381 users online. 98 members and 5283 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X