What colors do you see?

C = 10; M = 0; Y = 100; K = 0
I'd say that makes the balls mostly yellow. But who cares, except maybe my dog, who'll rip them to shreds regardless of colour.

I'd say that makes the balls mostly yellow. But who cares, except maybe my dog, who'll rip them to shreds regardless of colour.

Who cares? the final customer who the operator doesn't get to hear from until 3 re-runs later for a fricken 100 sheet job. Sorry bad day.

It's yello! . . . but it's not LUCIOUS. . . . is it . . . .!!!!!

you know what I'm talking about

My dog once told me (anyone that’s had a Standard Schnauzer can verify this) that, if you can’t play with it or eat it then piss on it and walk away. Wise woofs for humans.

A quite fascinating topic, especially if you remember that as a trichromatic male you are most likely to see three base colours unless you are the one if five with a diminished red-green vision. Or that as a female you are most likely to be a tetrachromat with the ability to distinguish four base colours, sadly for most women two of those are so close together to be almost one, it does explain however why your wife can see at a glance that you have a black sock on one foot and a dark deep blue sock on the other, a true tetrochromat however is a rarity indeed. (https://concettaantico.com/)
Regardless of gender the human eye can see best in the 530 nm range, or green to the layman, that is also the part of the spectrum that can penetrate the furthest underwater, a remnant of the time we were a aquatic species perhaps? That would suggest that Aquaman suffers from Tritanopia, (just as a theory mind you) And if you think that your eyes are not calibrated and that one will see "colder" or bluish-er and the other warmer, or redish-er it´s a wonder we can see colour at all. Come to think of it we don´t, a butterfly can see five, your goldfish four and tweety bird four or five colours but we are all the bitch to the Mantis shrimp as he can see 16 base colours.

Regardless of gender the human eye can see best in the 530 nm range, or green to the layman, that is also the part of the spectrum that can penetrate the furthest underwater, a remnant of the time we were a aquatic species perhaps?

I think the green sensitivity has more to do with a period of tree dwelling where the hue of green leaves can indicate whether a branch you want to swing from is alive and strong or dead and breakable. It also helps to determine the ripeness of many fruits. That being said I do think there is good evidence for an aquatic period in human evolution ( https://www.ted.com/talks/elaine_mor...m_aquatic_apes )

Click image for larger version  Name:	71q6tKqIqfL.jpg Views:	2 Size:	151.9 KB ID:	274293

Attachments

• 71q6tKqIqfL.jpg
    71q6tKqIqfL.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
We used to call orange yellow-red until we got the fruit, and blue and green have the same word in old Chinese, so I guess it's more semantics than colour perception.

If the color brown was not so common in nature, I'm guessing we would just call it dark orange. Or maybe dark yellow-red.

I think the green sensitivity has more to do with a period of tree dwelling where the hue of green leaves can indicate whether a branch you want to swing from is alive and strong or dead and breakable. It also helps to determine the ripeness of many fruits. That being said I do think there is good evidence for an aquatic period in human evolution ( https://www.ted.com/talks/elaine_mor...m_aquatic_apes )

OOOooo! Hafta have a closer look at that book. All the same your theory is as valid as mine I just find it fascinating to go diving in a sea that is perceived as blue on the surface and green just under this thinest of thin membranes, also that if the lens of the eye is removed humans are quite capable of seeing into the ultraviolet part of the spectrum.

Gentlemen,

Enough of this "tomfoolery" I say the Print Industry should adopt Gordo's --------" Good enough Colour standard !"

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back