Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solving the US border problem - a what if...

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OffsetStorefront View Post
    Option 1: get murdered by a cartel for not paying the protection money you can't afford

Option 2: flee to the closest country where you can be safe from the cartels and seek asylum, get turned away at the port of entry because "domestic abuse" isn't a valid asylum condition and they don't have capacity to process you, see if you can make it in anyway because you've come this far with your kids and there's no going back, get caught, get separated from your kids after the agent says they're being taken away "for a bath", wait months for -possible- reunification.

Cue "America the Beautiful"
    I'm not sure where it says we are obligated to let an infinite number of people into our country. No one is standing here saying that Mexicans should stay in their country and die to drug cartels, so get off your high horse. You make it seem like a strong immigration policy is a bad thing - you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by arossetti View Post

A better pathway to legal immigration should have been created decades ago before the cartels became as powerful as they have. The illegal immigration issue is a result of a crappy legal immigration system IMO - and for people trying to keep political score both major US political parties are to blame for this.
      The pathway to legal immigration to the US has been in place for decades. But the process is leghthy and takes time. I’m guessing that many illegals wouldn’t meet the criteria. But if they can get across the border they believe that there will be jobs waiting for them. And there pribably will be as some sectors of the US are now dependent on a so-called undocumented labor force.

As far as the kids are concerned there seems to be two naratives:
      1 The children are being removed from their mother/parent and detained separately
      2 The children were sent by their mother/parent to the US with a guardian/people trafficer - i.e. the “mothers” in the detention centers are not actually the parent of the child.

I don’t know which is true nor the percentage breakdown if both narratives are true.

I just watched the movie Rolling Thunder from 1977 where the characters could just drive bith ways across the US/Mexico border with ease. No checks. Hiw times have changed.

Comment

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Statue of Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post
          "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Statue of Liberty
          Doesn't mean that there can't be a process to admitting them.

Comment

We had no clues that this was going since the media/propaganda machine refused to report or show this. http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/ph...on-facilities/

Comment

Originally posted by DYP View Post
              We had no clues that this was going since the media/propaganda machine refused to report or show this. http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/ph...on-facilities/
              Be aware that the Daily Caller is an extreme right wing news site with a rather loose association with facts.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

Comment

Originally posted by AC Prepress View Post

Be aware that the Daily Caller is an extreme right wing news site with a rather loose association with facts.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/
                Sort of like CNN.

Comment

Trump has recinded the mother/child separation policy. I suppose the next step will be to sue the US for having done the initial separations. %-(

Comment

Originally posted by arossetti View Post

A better pathway to legal immigration should have been created decades ago before the cartels became as powerful as they have.
                    Recall that the US Government was once one of the Cartels greatest allies. They allowed (particularly poor) regions of the US to be flooded with cocaine & crack cocaine.
                    https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/index.html

These days it seems they're turning a blind eye to the opioid crisis and thereby responsible for countless deaths.
                    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minu...-and-congress/

Comment

Well Gord; what shit will you stir up tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by keith1 View Post
                        Well Gord; what shit will you stir up tomorrow
                        Well, topics like; circumcision, vegan vs carnivore diet, climate change, universal healthcare, gay rights/marriage, the Israel/Palestine question wouldn't generate any discussion because I'm sure we all share the same position on them. So I'm at a loss.

Comment

Gordo relax and sit back and smoke a joint, Legal in a few months I see. Printers in Canada will love that. Print packaging and Labels and so much more.
                          Maybe come up with a new PMS color Canadabis Green. Send samples to color match it please.

Comment

Originally posted by Louiscamp View Post

Sort of like CNN.
                            And Fox...

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post

The Statue of Liberty
                              This is not a policy or law. Just an inscription on a statue.
                              Dan Curry
                              Prinergy 6 • Preps 7 • SmartStream Designer

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4589 users online. 117 members and 4472 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X