Solving the US border problem - a what if...

gordo

What if Mexico offered that the US build a wall between Mexico and Guatemala? Perhaps in a deal for a better trading relationship with the US.
The length of that border would only be about 400 miles long. Much, much shorter than building a US/Mexico wall. It would be a good test of how a wall would deter the kind of immigration into the US happening now.

I was stateside last night for a concert. People are so nice. Not at all reflective of the current governing administration. It's a shame that citizens are being painted with the same brush by the rest of the planet.
On another note. I wonder if they'll start tattooing the wrists of the kids that have been detained.

Just so you know, the kids were detained by the previous administration as well, the "press" didn't report it because they didn't want to make the "president" look bad.

On another note. I wonder if they'll start tattooing the wrists of the kids that have been detained.

Because detaining people convicted of illegally crossing the border is equivalent to Nazi Germany? You do realize the only reason these people find themselves in this position is because they are trying to get into the USofA, doesn't sound like a bad place if they are trying to find ways to sneak in illegally. I'm not sure jewish people from around Europe were trying to sneak into Nazi Germany.

Option 1: get murdered by a cartel for not paying the protection money you can't afford

Option 2: flee to the closest country where you can be safe from the cartels and seek asylum, get turned away at the port of entry because "domestic abuse" isn't a valid asylum condition and they don't have capacity to process you, see if you can make it in anyway because you've come this far with your kids and there's no going back, get caught, get separated from your kids after the agent says they're being taken away "for a bath", wait months for -possible- reunification.

Cue "America the Beautiful"

can you provide a source for this?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/
snopes shows this as false

Last administration detained parents and children together. This was later ruled during the last administration to be illegal because you cannot detain the children only the parents. Up until the 0 tolerance of Sessions since children couldn't be detained with parents anymore the parents would be released with either a court date or an ankle bracelet. This left the door open for abuse of the system with people not returning for their court date. Current admin decided to detain the parents and since they legally cannot also detain the children with the parents they have setup shelters for the children since their parents were arrested.

Option 1: get murdered by a cartel for not paying the protection money you can't afford

Option 2: flee to the closest country where you can be safe from the cartels and seek asylum, get turned away at the port of entry because "domestic abuse" isn't a valid asylum condition and they don't have capacity to process you, see if you can make it in anyway because you've come this far with your kids and there's no going back, get caught, get separated from your kids after the agent says they're being taken away "for a bath", wait months for -possible- reunification.

A better pathway to legal immigration should have been created decades ago before the cartels became as powerful as they have. The illegal immigration issue is a result of a crappy legal immigration system IMO - and for people trying to keep political score both major US political parties are to blame for this.

I'm not sure where it says we are obligated to let an infinite number of people into our country. No one is standing here saying that Mexicans should stay in their country and die to drug cartels, so get off your high horse. You make it seem like a strong immigration policy is a bad thing - you're wrong.

A better pathway to legal immigration should have been created decades ago before the cartels became as powerful as they have. The illegal immigration issue is a result of a crappy legal immigration system IMO - and for people trying to keep political score both major US political parties are to blame for this.

The pathway to legal immigration to the US has been in place for decades. But the process is leghthy and takes time. I’m guessing that many illegals wouldn’t meet the criteria. But if they can get across the border they believe that there will be jobs waiting for them. And there pribably will be as some sectors of the US are now dependent on a so-called undocumented labor force.

As far as the kids are concerned there seems to be two naratives:
1 The children are being removed from their mother/parent and detained separately
2 The children were sent by their mother/parent to the US with a guardian/people trafficer - i.e. the “mothers” in the detention centers are not actually the parent of the child.

I don’t know which is true nor the percentage breakdown if both narratives are true.

I just watched the movie Rolling Thunder from 1977 where the characters could just drive bith ways across the US/Mexico border with ease. No checks. Hiw times have changed.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Statue of Liberty

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Statue of Liberty

Doesn't mean that there can't be a process to admitting them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back